Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Who has just part chopped a silver 6 for a 7?

Thanks

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jeremy

Haven't dealt with them personally other than taking a 7 out on test a few weeks ago.

Know 2 people who have bought cars from them, and lets just say, I don' think they would buy from them again! Mail if u want more info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeremy,

Got my 7 from them last June, no problems with the supply of the car although it took a while to get an English manual, and I'm still waiting for a set of mats. No big deal really, but my biggest concern is servicing. Only had the one service done by them as this was negotiated as part of the purchase. I've asked for a breakdown of the work completed rather than a receipt for 'Perform 6000 mile service' that I got from them.

However, given that the warranty is from them, and they do the servicing I suppose I shouldn't worry too much.

Mail me if you need more info....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm.

Was in Morrisons petrol station a little while back (filling the wifes car ;))

An EVO 6 from Charlesworths pulled in (was stickered up) and was filled up with normal unleaded - Morissons don't sell super. Don't know if it was the sales guy, but he was all suited up - he then proceeded to drive out and cane the ass of it up the road.

EVO 6, 95 ronsupermarket crap fuel, - not good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year I went to Charlesworth with the intension of buying an E7 from them but when asking them about
specs and optional extras all three guys in the showroom seemed to think there wasn't any options other than RS
and GSR. Oh yes the GSR model comes with all the options fitted as standard .

So how come I ordered and received my car with HID's, Sunroof and Titanium turbo then. They probably thought I was
a timewaster and can't afford a new car anyway(went in wearing VERY casual clothes) or did I turn up at an inopportune time
whilst the F1 was on TV. But that gave me the impression they either didn't know what they're selling,
just trying to sell what they have coming in on the transporter or just don't care.

We'll they lost my order anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been 2 charlesworths a few times when I was getting the evo and FTO, when I was going out for a test drive with them, the sales tend to floor the car and show me the performance, other than the spec. The service was poor, I was there for over 30min before anyone even come to me, may be I look young (23, chinese, wearing tracksuit bottom and t-shirt, drive my dads old rover 620 etc etc...) and I bet they think I cant afford one so didnt bother with me. also their car is abit over priced as well. I never bought a car from them because of their service, but they did sold an FTO to me mate and I can say the car is in a state of falling apart (same as the evo I was test driving, it has some serious problem in driving slow (very noisy engine) so cant recomend them to you! there is a few other import company in Nottingham too, but they are not that great either!! but they are cheaper than charlesworth on cars that are the same spec and simular milage.

Leon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leon

When I took the E7 out that they had, the salesman wanted to come along too - told him NO! All he did when I got back was moan at the fact that the car had been gone for half an hour and then asked 'well, are you going to buy it or not, if not we are closing for the day'.

Yes, one day I would love a 7, but I can guaranttee that it won't come from them, wrong attitude.

Winge over :)

Teri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts