Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my standard green panel filter and airbox for a HKS SPF reloaded today and while I had the MAF off, I noticed the inside of the alli intake pipe is coated in a film of what looks like oily dirt........Is this normal on a 6 year old car, or has the air filter been filling my tubby with dirt and therefore slowly killing it :confused:

I should have taken pictures but didnt have a camera / phone to hand. Anyone else had similar experiences?

Cheers,

Kezzo

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
what colour is the filter mate? yellow, green, red?
Iv got the same filter as you and had the yellow filter foam init, did some research and was advised to get the green three layer filter for it :) less than a tenner and filters out alot more ****e than the yellow or red :)

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
what colour is the filter mate? yellow, green, red?
Iv got the same filter as you and had the yellow filter foam init, did some research and was advised to get the green three layer filter for it :) less than a tenner and filters out alot more ****e than the yellow or red :)
Mark, the oil is nothing to do with the filter, its the rocker cover breathing system which allows the oil vapour into the air intake

·
Registered
526 Posts
yes, and because of that, don´t put it in. you don´t need the warm and oily air back into your mani! no no
use a filter or catch-can
;-)

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
I thought he was on about his induction kit he changed? :)
he was mate, he found the oil as he was changing his kit, but the oil vapour enters the intake pipe direect from the rocker cover, so has nothing to do with what filter/kit is fitted, this is why alot of members have fitted oil catch tanks, as it eliminates it :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
:) get you now buddy, was just asking as to what filter he had in the induction kit as its best to have the green one cos red and yellow ones dont filter half aswell as the three layer green ones :) Was kinda off topic but just thought id let kezzo know :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So an Oil catch tank would deffo be a good idea after what I saw! something else to go on the list.

Any tried and trusted makes?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
normal, I would not worry unless it's dripping with oil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts