Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have some 1000cc injectors laying around from deatsch werks..

My engine is relativey stock apart from cone filter, 255 pump, fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, 3" exhaust, Decat, Coil on plug, ralliart/ceddy map, greddy profec controller..

I was told 3 years ago my injectors was tired ... and im seeing worse fuel economy.. so i was thinking putting in my other injectors.. thinking they are fresh and may spray better...

im running around 1.5bars of boost..
Would there be any problems to consider before i go out and try to make them work in the ecu?

Attachments

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
Overkill, IDC can be too low, stock ecu doesn't have a short pw adder to assist in non linear flow at low pw, why not flow test your stock ones or go for something like ID725

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Overkill, IDC can be too low, stock ecu doesn't have a short pw adder to assist in non linear flow at low pw, why not flow test your stock ones or go for something like ID725
because i bought the 1000cc because i wanted to go 450-500hp on my 2.3 setup when i have all the parts.. and the 1000cc is just waiting to be used for that.. but in the meen time..

·
Registered
625 Posts
Your poor economy will be due to the pump and FPR, not the injectors.

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
because i bought the 1000cc because i wanted to go 450-500hp on my 2.3 setup when i have all the parts.. and the 1000cc is just waiting to be used for that.. but in the meen time..
Put them in if you want to I would have just preferred correctly sized injectors or again send the stock ones away to be tested and cleaned:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forskin fred..
I will admit that my arowmotive a1000 is not pressure tested to correct pressure only mounted and checked afr. Pump is a 255..-how would that influence that?

Sbn..
I got them cleaned and tested a few years ago.. and they told me they are worn..

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
Forskin fred..
I will admit that my arowmotive a1000 is not pressure tested to correct pressure only mounted and checked afr. Pump is a 255..-how would that influence that?

Sbn..
I got them cleaned and tested a few years ago.. and they told me they are worn..
Ah right, common thing I see when testing evo injectors these days, 255 is not going to mess up the fuel pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I know it's random but if your getting crap economy have you checked ignition or plugs as I f you get a small miss fire your just chucking fuel out the exhaust also stock injectors are good for 450 bhp so it could be fpr or a weak pump

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im running ralliart/ceddy maps slight modifyed.
Checked for knock in log.

Running wideband sensor also..

Think my power is top 350.. or whatever 1.5bars would give me including exhaust and filter..

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
Im running ralliart/ceddy maps slight modifyed.
Checked for knock in log.

Running wideband sensor also..

Think my power is top 350.. or whatever 1.5bars would give me including exhaust and filter..
That's pretty much bang on for that engine, maybe get another second hand set, that are tested?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's pretty much bang on for that engine, maybe get another second hand set, that are tested?
seems wasted.. since i dont wanna stay stock for ever.. think ill just leave it at this.. and worry about the 1000cc when my engine is going in my car :)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
There is short pw adder table in stock ecu but usually tuners dont bother and other thing is, this table is not very old found by disassemblers. In my opinion not needed with 1000cc or around, not saying it would not benefit if tuner is after A1 quality but not too bad with stock settings if quality 1000-1300cc injectors used. No experience about Deatsch.

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
There is short pw adder table in stock ecu but usually tuners dont bother and other thing is, this table is not very old found by disassemblers. In my opinion not needed with 1000cc or around, not saying it would not benefit if tuner is after A1 quality but not too bad with stock settings if quality 1000-1300cc injectors used. No experience about Deatsch.
Interesting to know that, maybe the xmls I have don't define that, will go and have a look :smthumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts