Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
carrying on from my thread in the GD section. is there any Techs out there who can help me with this problem. I have been informed by all and their uncle that my spankin GSR should have central locking. But no trace can be found by my good self. (no markings on the fuse box at slot 8 where there should be).

My supplier has said they will get it sorted for me. How big a job is this? is it just a wiring ting or do motors etc have to be installed? has any one else had a new GSr with this problem or am I just unlucky?

try opening the rear doors by hand...it hurts and is embarrasing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
R we talking VI GSR ?
If so , then yes it does have central locking , u shud have two keys , 1 plain and 1 with a push button in the fob , the button shud operate the remote central locking,
If it doesn't , check the battery in the key , beyond this hassle yr dealer/supplier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chinka,

If it cost too much, then you might as well install an alarm which normally would also central lock your car. But I don't think it's gonna be that expensive. If I'm not mistaken, even E4 key has that button to operate the central locking.

Yeah, agree with Evoboy, go and hassle the dealer/supplier. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys

a fuse on my car (6 TME) just blew today, well, I think. The radio went off and could not be switched on again, no more central locking and clock. I replaced the 8th fuse (it was blown) but nothing changed. I guess some other fuse blew as well. Any experiences?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I had a fuse problem earlier this year. Everytime I squirted the windscreen with the washer while the wipers were on it blew the fuse and bang no more wipers. Lots of salt on the roads in Winter so it became a bit of a nightmare as I really needed to squirt clean the windows on Motorway driving. One occasion I blew my last fuse going to the Autosport show at the NEC and it was def. going to firkin rain on my way home. Dropped in to see Ralliart to see if they would lend me a fuse - 75p worth. Salesman said no as he didn't have any despite the fact that there was 4 lovely evo's (one in reims blue - uh oh not that one again) on their stand. I was really firked off at this as I was about to have a real nightmare and possibly dangerous journey home. Anyway I managed to talk to one of the techs on the Ralliart stand and he pulled a fuse out of the TME straightaway. A top bloke who realised the shite I could be in going 150 miles home at night in the rain. What firked me off the most was that the Ralliart bloke I asked first of all was the guy who took me on the first test drive - ******. Humming Bird Mistsubishi finally found the problem ater eight hours of going through the car with a microscope - a loose wire on the original stereo installation. Humming Bird in St Albans always do a good job. Anyone here had any other experiences with Humming Bird?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You haven't mentipned what GSR it is (EVO?) but all GSR models have central locking.
If you don't have the key with the button on it there will be a central locking controller somewhere that an alarm can hook into to have remote locking again.

Do the other doors lock and unlock when you turn the key in the drivers??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no,

I have a key with the button on it, but it seems to be redundant, the alarm fitted (cobra 7777) should be hooked up to the CL. but it doesn't do anything either, there also seems to be no fuse space marked on the lid of the right hand fuse box (slot 8) is where I am informed it should be. can anyone point to where the controler should be so i can check i have one of these. I am yet to hear from my supplier yet. but he has said he will get it sorted, just damned annoyed at the moment. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the CL operate by the key in the drivers door?
If it does then it will b an alarm installation problem.
If not then it cud b either the alarm or a CL fault.

Let yr supplier sort it.
My original Mits key still operates the CL even tho I have a Clifford alarm fitted which also operates the CL.

There will b a fuse , but it will protect other circuits aswell as CL so cud b marked with other symbols.

There r also fuses under the dash panel on the drivers side under the steering column , the panel is attached by screws.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no. dont work with the ke in the lock.

why would the fuse be elsewhere other than where it is supposed to be? do they make them up as they go along?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS A RECEIVER FOR THE KEY TRANSMITTER. THIS SHOULD BE FIXED UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT ON A SMALL BRACKET. ALSO THERE SHOULD BE A SMALL ECU FOR THE CENTRAL LOCKING WHICH IS BASED BELOW THE DASH AND TO THE RIGHT OF THE STEERING COLUMN. I THINK YOU MAY HAVE TO UNSREW A COUPLE OF SCREWS TO GET TO THIS, BUT THESE TWO COMPONENTS SHOULD CONFIRM IF YOUR CAR AS BEEN FITTED WITH CENTRAL LOCKING.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chinka,
Re fuses , I hadn't checked my car when I posted on fuse location , anyway , fuse is number 12 , number 8 is ecu .

Does the CL work if u operate the drivers door internal lock?

If the fuse is missing , use the fuse from location 9 (windows) to test the CL.
If my fuse numbers r different 2 yrs then it is a different fuse box.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you checked all the fuses in the car and under the bonnet ?
had a customer who had his ice fitted else where and they managed
to screw his speaker to the wiring loom in the door, this blew the fuse
for the cdl. worth a look ?
NICK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will check em all, but all else in the car seems to work just hunky dory. the more I get involved in this the more confused I get...I will check all that you guys have mentioned..Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
break through,
manage to find the fuse that controls the cl not blown though. If you remove the fuse all the doors open..so me thinkin theres a wiring problem...goes in next week to be fixed under warranty.,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts