Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CCC have just released the following info to all Ralliart dealers about the Evo IX.

(Quoted direct from the bulletin)

"We are pleased to announce outline spec, line up and pricing activities for the new Lancer Evolution IX, which will be launched on 1st June 2005.

Outline Spec.

In summary, the main spec changes over the current MR are as follows:

Variable Valve Timing
New design Enkei Alloys
New design Front Bumper
New design Rear Bumper
New design Front and Rear Light Clusters
Aluminium Pedal Extensions
Tyre inflation kit in place of spare wheel
Colour range will compirse of; Red, White, Silver, Black, Blue and yellow.

Line Up.

The anticipated line up will mirror the current FQ-300, FQ-320 and FQ-340.

Pricing.

We are pleased to confirm carry-over pricing from the Evolution VIII MR, with OTR Prices of:

IX FQ-300 £27,999
IX FQ-320 £29,999
IX FQ-340 £32,999

Please note the current consumer offers will NOT be carried over to the Evo IX.

Final confirmation of line-up, spec and pricing will be published shortly."

The Ralliart dealers will be able to call their demo up from June 1st, and they will all be on the road no later than 31st July.

So there you have it folks. :) Hope that puts an end to some of the speculation going on. UK spec are available from June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
Damd VI said:
CCC have just released the following info to all Ralliart dealers about the Evo IX.

(Quoted direct from the bulletin)

"We are pleased to announce outline spec, line up and pricing activities for the new Lancer Evolution IX, which will be launched on 1st June 2005.

Outline Spec.

In summary, the main spec changes over the current MR are as follows:

Variable Valve Timing
New design Enkei Alloys
New design Front Bumper
New design Rear Bumper
New design Front and Rear Light Clusters
Aluminium Pedal Extensions
Tyre inflation kit in place of spare wheel
Colour range will compirse of; Red, White, Silver, Black, Blue and yellow.

Line Up.

The anticipated line up will mirror the current FQ-300, FQ-320 and FQ-340.

Pricing.

We are pleased to confirm carry-over pricing from the Evolution VIII MR, with OTR Prices of:

IX FQ-300 £27,999
IX FQ-320 £29,999
IX FQ-340 £32,999

Please note the current consumer offers will NOT be carried over to the Evo IX.

Final confirmation of line-up, spec and pricing will be published shortly."

The Ralliart dealers will be able to call their demo up from June 1st, and they will all be on the road no later than 31st July.

So there you have it folks. :) Hope that puts an end to some of the speculation going on. UK spec are available from June.
Knowing CCC that means Aug \ Sept for someone to have a car.... maybe a bit earlier for the odd demonstrator.

As I suspected though, no GT....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
GlobalGB said:
That pretty much falls in line with the general opinion of the release date. Lining and price up available from June 1st - first units probably to hit early August / Sept?
Hey Mark,

I feel pretty happy now, as I would have brought an FQ-340 IX for £33k.

This way, £24.5k for the car....

Exhaust - £500
Air filter + MAF bypass - £150
Autronics SM4 - £1500

Total £27k.... which leaves me with £6k to provide a "real" warranty! Oh and it'll be more like an FQ-360!

You must be happy too, a pretty good saving all round!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,602 Posts
TCB said:
No mention of the GT ?
Nope

Theyre not importing it.

Jez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
The Sutronics SM4 appears to have all the features you need that the MoTeC M800 has, so in effect they are the same. Both can do the job....

Then it's down to mapper, Mark S has most experience on mapping Autronics and I want him to map my car.

I believe he is producing some of the best results whilst keeping a sensible safety margin.

Results for me are good torque from low RPM with excellent drivability, I am not so interested in "pub talk" top end BHP.

He is also close to where I live which helps rather.....

Ben
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,602 Posts
Ben

I thought the SM4 had a few more features?

Jez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
InsBro said:
Nope

Theyre not importing it.

Jez
Excellent news for the likes of NigelS....

Also it's good for me, as now I never had the option to get the car I wanted as a UK car!

So sir, insurance quotes for me.....any news, have me come on board and the price got more competative?

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
InsBro said:
Ben

I thought the SM4 had a few more features?

Jez
It may well so Jez, I have not properly compared the specs....

What I was trying to say though was the both are capable of running all the bits they need to on the car....you should be able to get exactly the same performance results with either ECU.

So the only theoretical difference would be who was mappnig it.

Oh and the Autronics is cheaper.

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
GlobalGB said:
MS is also top of my hit list but he's a fair fair distance - does the SM4 require a wiring loom for the VIII (and therefore definitely for the IX) ?
No there is a direct OEM replacement box for the VIII, I expect initially the IX will need a loom.

I am intending to try and do a deal whereby if I get a unit that fits an VIII but has a loom for the IX, it will be swopped out for a genuine IX unit once available then Mark would be able to resell the VIII unit to a VIII owner.

It may be that the IX plug is the same as the VIII but I doubt it with the advent of the MIVEC stuff.

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
No CCC GT is the best news I've heard for a while - Looks like residual values on the GT will be much more solid for it.

The GT will be quite a rare car with only 3 people with acess to the model report !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
TCB said:
No CCC GT is the best news I've heard for a while - Looks like residual values on the GT will be much more solid for it.

The GT will be quite a rare car with only 3 people with acess to the model report !
There is nothing stopping anyone (including CCC) from creating another Model report :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
GlobalGB said:
There is nothing stopping anyone (including CCC) from creating another Model report :)
Of course, but as they "outsource" their model reports they are expensive (circa. £10-15k) so they will not do the report unless they plan to sell a fair few.....

I guess they have made a decision not to sell the GT, at least at present. I am sure Nigel et. al. are all very happy about that! ;)

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Mmm.. if they don't sell the GT it would be a missed opportunity for them to sell some special 'rally/(insert word here)' edition. But then again, Mitsi were ****ed that even a few GT units were being exported from Japan so perhaps not. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
Clive, Nigel & Jon?
Only people I know off.

Other than CCC I can't see anyone selling enough to make a second report viable - Nigel also tells me that their report is NOT for hire !

CCC haven't got the balls to import the GT - they know the type of buyer that will want it would be a regular warranty claimer !!

Think the 260 etc shows that they are much happier serving the fast rep market ! Enthusiasts are just trouble makers as far as big companies and dealers are concerned !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
TCB said:
Only people I know off.

Other than CCC I can't see anyone selling enough to make a second report viable - Nigel also tells me that their report is NOT for hire !

CCC haven't got the balls to import the GT - they know the type of buyer that will want it would be a regular warranty claimer !!

Think the 260 etc shows that they are much happier serving the fast rep market ! Enthusiasts are just trouble makers as far as big companies and dealers are concerned !
I think that is very true....

Ben
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top