Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the latest copy of CCC (cars and car conversions) for the feature on the EVO and EVO tuning and what do I see under the contacts section but Thanks to: .......Darin from the Lancer Register..... Evo updates at www.lancerregister.co.uk (shame they got the website wrong :( ) and then again on the tuning page is says to spend time checking the online lancer register.

ooo, I hear you all cry, nice bit of publicity there Darin, well done!

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MLR is the only place to go when you want to know the truth about Lancer's ;)
Did you see him in Practical Classics last month? He even got a mug shot :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard about it from Evoboy (I think) but never got around to buying a copy.

I dropped CCC an email about the url mistake here's what they had to say

and amp;gt;Thanks,
and amp;gt;
and amp;gt;Yes, we were well aware that eight pages was barely enough to scratch the
and amp;gt;surface of the tuning potential the Evo offers - and the number of different
and amp;gt;avenues you can take to achieve results. We were also aware that we'd annoy one
and amp;gt;or two people should we not tread carefully.
and amp;gt;
and amp;gt;We'll publish the correct address in the next issue.
and amp;gt;
and amp;gt;Best
and amp;gt;
and amp;gt;Carlin Gerbich

Interesting :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
who did the article...........the local primary school?
evo 6 intercooler bigger than 4/5..........really !!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was better than some I have read with the Intercooler paragraph the only glaring error (they started talking about upgrading the intercooler for better coolant flow????!!!!!).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and the £700 clutch replacement costs......
and the 419lb/ft rs450..........isnt it 450nm ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you'll find the 6 has a bigger intercooler than the 4,5.

289.5 x 470 x 70mm

vs.

294 x 470 x 65mm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lightspeed,
I looked in the Tech manuals and it never mentioned a larger intercooler on the E6, it mentions all the other changes in detail. Where did you get your info from?
The TME has a larger intercooler than the E5/6, perhaps that is what they meant?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've info here as well that has the same figures as lightspeeds.
I've no idea where it came from originally (I had it e-mailed), its a Excel spreadsheet with all sorts of guff on it. But so far it has been pretty spot on with other details.

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey - that's my guff !

I mailed it to you when you were writing your mag article.

I started it to collate any official dimensions/specifications I came across so I could answer questions more easily. Still have a lot of blanks to fill in though.

Found some good info on some of the Japanese websites too.

I originally though it could go in the mag - but it grew a little too large for that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The intercoolers dont look the same on the 5 and the 6 (middle). It could be that the 6 is a little bit bigger...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well lightspeed it is excellent guff :)

Where the hell did you find some of it out. I thought I'd traweled every possible web site and mag published. I was even starting to think in Japanese !

I've filled in a couple of the Evo 1-3 blanks, but still some to go out, eg spring rates, etc.
Interesting that the Evo 1 has a much thicker front anti-roll bar than the 2/3. Confirms a few of my thoughts on the Evo 1's suspension..
Could do with adding the 1.8 turbo's on as well, they are different again ! Doh !

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lightspeed (or Tony),
Can you email me that guff ;) It will be useful for the FAQ's and now the E4-TME Buyer's Guide I am doing (save me typing the specs out from the tech manuals ;))
I am trying to sort the layout out and type the info in, the info itself is not really too much of a problem as most of it is in my head :), finding decent pictures and editing them takes ages, still looking for some pictures of a Black Diamond E6 RS2, I have a few but nothing really suitable, anyone got some?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope he doesn't but his mate Maxi had a E5 and he had an E6 ;)
Coordsport list the Evo 5 and amp; 6 Intercoolers completely seperately in their parts database so it does suggest a difference (not a very reliable source I must admit ;)). Personally I think it will be hard to spot a 5mm difference even if you stand them side by side, I will have a go at measuring my E6 GSR intercooler to end the debate.
Anyone going to measure their E5?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's right HH6. But there was also a visual difference between the two, MAXI's I/C had a vertical metal stripe in the middle, mine doesn't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this is reason enough for NOT having anything to do with europe,
CLAUDIOUS,THE METAL STRIP IS PART OF THE MESH/GRILLE/FRONT BUMPER,NOT THE INTERCOOLER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY ARE THE F)))KING SAME !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts