Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my first evo for 3 days , it has now developed a rattle.!! Ive had a quick look underneath the car and it seems to be coming from part of the exhaust system (i hope!!).Has anybody had problems with Their cats rattling??
If so is it easier and cheaper to get a straight through decat pipe rather than buy a new cat.
If anyone has had similar probs could you tell me what decat pipe i should go for and how much these pipes are.I really dont want to be buying a full system as the rest looks in good nick (standard exhaust)
Thanks for your help..
Delboy..

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Del,

You can buy the Magnex cat replacement section separately for the princely sum of £43 |PLS| VAT!

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
DB,
It maybe part of the heat shielding around the cat or exhaust , difficult to see without the car on a 2 or 4 post lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Is it actually the cat itself (i.e. bits shaking around inside) or is it a knocking sort of noise?

I have a slight knock going over big potholes etc. but it is just the exhaust hitting off the underside of the car as it comes partially off a hanger. It'll knock occasionally until I can be bothered to crawl about underneath and sort it again

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Chunky. Yes i think it is the insides of the cat rattling around..
It sounds like a few washers inside a bean can being rattled..
I'll probably get the magnex cat replacement pipe , 43 quid aint bad
Cheers Guys for the help
Del

1 - 5 of 5 Posts