Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kakimoto exhaust on it's way from Japan. It's a cat-back system and I want to decat it.

The pipe diameter of the exhaust is 80mm which works out 3.15 inches. Is this the standard size?

Will any cat bypass pipe fit this exhaust?

Also the Kakimoto front pope is a 70mm diameter and I plan to get one in the summer. Again, is this the size of the standard front pipe?

Sorry if any of these questions have already been covered - couldn't find any info by searching.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
i could be wrong but the cat back and front pipe will be made to fit the standard cat so a normal cat replacement pipe should fit.im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
are you sure about those diameters? you really want bigger front pipe diameter than main system as the gases are much hotter just off the turbo.

anyway most decat pipes are 2.5". this will be too small for what you want. a good compromise woudl be the 3" decat from magnex.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply oil goon.

The diameters are all taken from the Kakimoto Racing website, so I'm as sure as I can be without having the products sitting in front of me.

I have found a Maxgex decat pipe for sale with the code 'xcrpml01' but can anyone confirm that this is a 3 inch diameter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts