Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will replace the gearbox and transfer oils soon.

I have used TAF-X in other cars before, and I'd like to know if it's an appropiate fluid for my EvoVI.

In general, I'm quite happy with high-end Castrol products: RS 10w60 engine oil (amazing how it holds oil pressure at extreme temperatures) and SRF brake fluid. I haven't replaced the transmision fluids yet, and now at 10k miles it's about time to do it.

Another farewell:

This is probably my last post at the MLR. I guess most non UK residents who post in the forum are in the same situation. THANKS for the great advice received here. I'll follow the MLR, but won't be able to post anymore. See you at lancerforums.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From memory you need a hypoid oil for the gearbox and diffs, since the centre diff sits in the gearbox unit (i think). Mitsi have a part spec for ir, but I can't remeber it offhand (you should be able to find something if you search the forum though).

Evoboy and HH6 are the acknowledged knowers of all on here :D

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taf -x was recomended to me by ABP motorsport and since I have done the service all seems to be well. Infact I have noticed a slight improvement in the gearchange.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help.

It looks like it should be OK for the gearbox. What about the transfer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts