Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andrew Frankel from 'Classic & Sportscar' magazine has been in touch to ask if the MLR can supply a few cars for an upcoming Evo feature to show "how the breed has evolved". We're all aware of the quality of C&S, so there's no doubt the finished article will be excellent.

The Evos wanted are an Evo1 or 2, Evo 5 or 6 (or TME), Evo 8 MR. The date of the shoot will be Tues 17th May, and the location 'around the Swindon (Wiltshire) area'.

Because of the feature's focus, the cars need to be as standard as possible - in both appearance and mechanically - although the latter isn't as critical.

The location will be quiet and scenic to be able to get the best shots of the cars, and Andrew will also need to drive all three so he can relay the differences in the feature.

All the cars will be fully insured by the magazine for the duration of the shoot and travelling expenses will also be paid.

If you'd like to put your name down for this feature, either PM me or drop me a mail with your car details (including the colour and any mods), and once C&S have chosen the cars they want at the end of the week, I'll be back in touch to let you know who are the lucky ones, and give you the final details; time, location etc...

Cheers,

Darin

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I could get the day off work if you want a white VI RS2. It is cosmetically standard but has a few mods. I could even remove the Recaro SR's and put the standard Tokyo Taxi seats back in if you like. ;)

I'll e-mail you full details of my car.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Mac. :D

·
Administrator
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul, Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch - will put everything to Andrew and see what they decide!

Blade77,

Cheer up - it ain't the end of the world! ;) Hope you can make it next time a mag wants a 4, or the whole family!!

·
Administrator
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the PMs - still need an early Evo, and although they said a 1 or 2, I'm sure they'd be happy with an Evo3 as well . . . . could be difficult to do the article with one!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Darin, they can have my Evo 1 if theylike. You know what it looks like dont you.pretty much standard apart from the wheels but I have an original set of 15s if required. Pete :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Evo feature now in Classic & Sportscar

Evo feature in September Classic & Sportscar which i got delivered yesterday. Evo1, VI TME & s MR FQ 300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts