Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed Evo 8 mr340 car was running perfect got a second hand radiator as my last one was leaking noticed the fan wasn't kicking in so I run a wire from the fan to the battery just to check if fan was working and it was got a slight spark when connecting the wire to the battery now the car will not start at all will not crank over all the lights come on on dash but will not start I run a wire from the starter to the battery and it turns over that way but will not start I have checked battery volt all the fuses can't find the problem

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Which plug did you connect to, 2 way or 3 way (see pic)

Moving on, try;
disconnecting the 3 way fan plug
disconnect the battery
wait 10 minutes
reconnect the battery, leave fan disconnected

start the car, hopefully ok

you may have the goosed the fan controller?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which plug did you connect to, 2 way or 3 way (see pic)

Moving on, try;
disconnecting the 3 way fan plug
disconnect the battery
wait 10 minutes
reconnect the battery, leave fan disconnected

start the car, hopefully ok

you may have the goosed the fan controller?
Just done what you told me to mate still nothing try crank the car over nothing will not turn over at all

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G

did you run the wire from the battery terminal?

Also just to avoid missing the obvious, you have tried arming and dis arming the alarm / immobiliser?

Stu
Yeah mate tried disconnecting the immobiliser and reconnecting it still nothing where would the ignition fuse be

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Have a look in the engine bay fuse box, check none of the large fuses have blown. You should be able to physically see it if one has gone.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

Have a look in the engine bay fuse box, check none of the large fuses have blown. You should be able to physically see it if one has gone.
Yeah mate had a look has all the fuses out out and the big relays still not starting

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
So?? -
ignition comes on, dash lights as normal
Turn key to start but the engine doesnt turn
If you short the starter, with the ignition on, the engine turns but doesnt fire

Do you have access to another ecu to try? (i'd guess it will need to have the factory immobiliser deactivated) Have you tried checking for any fault codes?

Do you hear the fuel pump prime, anything at all when you turn the key to start, clunk from starter etc?

Do you have a meter to check for continuity across the fuses on the +ve terminal, and power out from fuse and relay boxes?

Im just thinking I have had fuses blow that appeared ok, but a continuity test showed they had blown

Stu

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So?? -
ignition comes on, dash lights as normal
Turn key to start but the engine doesnt turn
If you short the starter, with the ignition on, the engine turns but doesnt fire

Do you have access to another ecu to try? (i'd guess it will need to have the factory immobiliser deactivated) Have you tried checking for any fault codes?

Do you hear the fuel pump prime, anything at all when you turn the key to start, clunk from starter etc?

Do you have a meter to check for continuity across the fuses on the +ve terminal, and power out from fuse and relay boxes?

Im just thinking I have had fuses blow that appeared ok, but a continuity test showed they had blown

Stu
hi mate yeah that's correct ignition on all light work can't crank it over but when I power the starter up the car cranks pumps not priming at all checked all the fuses with a multimeter all fine. What is a +ve terminal ? I don't have a spare Ecu but can get one

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
hi mate yeah that's correct ignition on all light work can't crank it over but when I power the starter up the car cranks pumps not priming at all checked all the fuses with a multimeter all fine. What is a +ve terminal ? I don't have a spare Ecu but can get one
+ve = Positive

ie the positive terminal on the battery, the connector has 2 fuses on it (if I remember correctly)

Stu

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spent the last 2 days on the car still nothing I have checked

Battery volt
Ecu
Immobiliser works as it should
All the fuses not sure how to check the relays
Removed ignition switch looks fine
Wiring going to starter
Powered starter up by running a live feed to it and it cranks that way

That's what's been done so far all the light in the dash light up immobiliser works car will not crank over itself even with me powering the starter the fuel pump wouldn't prime got me confused

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,129 Posts
Have you got the correct signals coming out of the ignition switch?

12v ignition switched (position 2) ETA just saw the dash lights are ok so this is ok.
12v sprung to crank the starter. (Position 3)

There is no fuse between the ignition switch and the starter but it's starting to look like an immobiliser fault due to it not starting with you manually cranking it.

Most of the time the immobiliser has it's own dedicated fuses near to where the wiring breakouts are. Have a look in this area for one or two guarded fuses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts