Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As seen in two tabloid papers today, Cossie owner successfully done for using it on the road spat out 10ft flames according to Old Bill ! £100 fine £35 costs and 3 points to boot.But what happens if your car flames out anyway without kit :confused:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Regardless of the size of flames, I remember some Scooby owners had been given a fine & points last year for using a flamer kit. Neds beware! ;)

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
guess also have to be (more)careful with ALS / running rich(er) now ?

btw
thought that flamer kits had been deemed illegal early 2004 anyway ?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
There is a big difference between a kit specifically installed only to produce flames out of the exhaust when turned on, and a vehicle that produces flames as a by-product of it's normal working.

Not knowing the specifics of either the legislation involved or the case in point, I can only suggest that a couple of expert testimonials on rich-running, tuned turbocharged vehicles proclivity to flame spontaneously under certain driving conditions might have some bearing on the actual sentencing if you didn't have a flamer kit. Just remember not to mention it's anti-lag and pretend it always does that ;)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Peter & Lorna said:
As seen in two tabloid papers today, Cossie owner successfully done for using it on the road spat out 10ft flames according to Old Bill ! £100 fine £35 costs and 3 points to boot.But what happens if your car flames out anyway without kit :confused:
You deserve much more than that if you have a flamer kit....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
There is a big difference between a kit specifically installed only to produce flames out of the exhaust when turned on, and a vehicle that produces flames as a by-product of it's normal working.

Not knowing the specifics of either the legislation involved or the case in point, I can only suggest that a couple of expert testimonials on rich-running, tuned turbocharged vehicles proclivity to flame spontaneously under certain driving conditions might have some bearing on the actual sentencing if you didn't have a flamer kit. Just remember not to mention it's anti-lag and pretend it always does that ;)
yeh, just say your highly tuned road legal engine gives off the odd barbeque every now and then, nothing you can do about it :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
mike_turbo said:
yeh, just say your highly tuned road legal engine gives off the odd barbeque every now and then, nothing you can do about it :D
and hope they don't have an emissions tester handy ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
tell the rozzers youve had your car specifically mapped for optimax and that youve had to put a £5 of SUL in.
emissions are all over the place sorry.

regardless of that, the thing to beware when using flamer kits is all the other owners pointing at you and yelling "Chav"

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,803 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
Not knowing the specifics of either the legislation involved or the case in point
He was done for driving a car in a dangerous state. The argument being that the flames could harm other cars, pedestrians etc. So I guess in that way it doesn't matter if it is a flamer kit or just running rich/anti-lag etc, you might suffer the same fate. However having the odd flash and burst of flame is somewhat different to what a flamer kit produces so I wouldn't overly worry!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts