Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted some xp8s and new standard discs they squeal quite alot,but i can hear them squealing whilst moving like the pads are sticking any1 know how i can stop this.cheers carl

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
just fitted some mate and mine were squealing a lot so I went on a back road and bedded the brakes in and they seem to have quietened down now mate might come back again though :) I think also some pads can squeal with aftermarket discs and I have aftermarket front discs on mine so don't know.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
from what I read seems like the XP8s are quite common for squealing :( I noticed when it was happening (might still be) that it was when I was slowing down so I guess when they are cooling... to be honest if they perform like they do I don't give 2 ****s about the squeal if it only happens in slow traffic they are awsome performance :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I fitted XP8's last week with standard discs on Brembo's, no sign of squealing either before or after a track day.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
ooo they squeal bad... not when moving but in slow moving traffic when coming to a stop :eek: i guess they don't like being cold or something or just my front discs maybe.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
I have the XP10s on PF discs and the squeal on them was ridiculous at first.

Give them some real abuse (a track day is ideal, but make sure your fluid is up to it) and they soon quieten down. Mine are now pretty much silent. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts