Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a Carbon on Carbon clutch.

I am looking at changing the HKS twin plate cluch I have at the moment. The reason I am looking at changing as i don't like at the noises the twin plate makes. Not very good to drive around town. The wife refuses to drive the car with the HKS twin plate.

What are the carbon on carbon clutch's like to drive?

Are they any good for local driving?

Do they make the any noises?

Do you have to wait for them to warm up?

Anyone have any experience with lifespan of carbon clutch's'?

Cheers in advance.

Skeletor

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Is the noise the plates rattling when you have your foot on the clutch?

I drove one with a carbon clutch & it was a bit fierce, but thats not to say all would be.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Seriously John, as Kev mentioned, Sheady has found an excellent carbon clutch - RPS I seem to recall he said.

I have just bought Gaz's old carbon exedy, like a normal car to drive apparantely, just need to slip it a bit to warm up for launches but they last forever...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Reims said:
Seriously John, as Kev mentioned, Sheady has found an excellent carbon clutch - RPS I seem to recall he said.

I have just bought Gaz's old carbon exedy, like a normal car to drive apparantely, just need to slip it a bit to warm up for launches but they last forever...
How much are they

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, is your clutch carbon on metal or carbon on carbon.

I have already spoken to Gaz about the clutch but was hoping to get an opinion from someone using one as an every day drive.

Does any one have Mark Sheads contact details.

Cheers

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts