Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had one on my E6 looks the dogs :coolsm: but the vents are of a thin plastic look good thought they must repel heat NO after 20 min drive home vents are warped anyone else had this problem :mad:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Fish Monkey said:
I, and many others, would say your problem started around about the fitting stage.
How can a warping vent be due to fitting ? :confused:

Either the vent material is up to the job, or not.

I dont understand your comment Fishmonkey.

Cheers :)
Daz

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
DarrenC said:
How can a warping vent be due to fitting ? :confused:

Either the vent material is up to the job, or not.

I dont understand your comment Fishmonkey.

Cheers :)
Daz
Some would say it should'nt have been fitted in the 1st place ;)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Whether or not you agree with fitting carbon bonnets (notice that nowhere did he say that it was left unpainted either), the fact remains that the vents were not up to the job.

Personally I would be talking to the manufacturer about "fitness or suitability for a particular purpose" as regards standard evo underbonnet temperatures vs the construction of the venting. Unless it was stated as "suitable for shows only" or "not for road use" they may have fallen foul of trading regulations and will probably seek to rectify this forthwith, at no extra cost to yourself of course ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Leonard said:
Some would say it should'nt have been fitted in the 1st place ;)
Oh I see, I missed the point here :rolleyes:

Oh come on, I am having a bad morning :D

Daz

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
Whether or not you agree with fitting carbon bonnets (notice that nowhere did he say that it was left unpainted either), the fact remains that the vents were not up to the job.

Personally I would be talking to the manufacturer about "fitness or suitability for a particular purpose" as regards standard evo underbonnet temperatures vs the construction of the venting. Unless it was stated as "suitable for shows only" or "not for road use" they may have fallen foul of trading regulations and will probably seek to rectify this forthwith, at no extra cost to yourself of course ;)
Very true, I would be asking for my money back, or replacement vents, but not in plastic :eek: :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
if all else fails replace it with an original mitsubishi part :D

will look good and wont warp :crackup: :crackup: :D

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vents

Are being replaced with some nice meshing no x cost cant fault the bonnet itself looks :cool: not sure of the make only know its from the land of the rissing sun :D couldnt read any of the stikers on the box :crackup: just thought if anyones thinking of buying one just bear in mind :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts