Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help please.

I was out in the car the night before everything was fine accept lambda censor as new one had not been fitted yet. Went to start the car in the morning and nothing.

It's cranking over and fouling the plugs as they was soaking and that's all it's doing i have changed the following but still the same.

Spark plugs
Ht leads
Cam censor
Battery.

Also checked all hose for cracks or holes and still nothing.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes your right it is for Simon.

Yes the cam censore has been changed.

Could it possible be the crank censore?

·
Registered
14,755 Posts
You have changed plugs and leads but have you actually checked to see if it has spark?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crank sensor would be the next thing id look at if no spark.
That's what he was going to try next John if no spark thank you.

Excuse me gixerboy your attitude stinks if it's going to continue then take it some place else.

This is a forum where people come for advice tips help and parts not to take abuse and crappy comments like you just made. It's people like your self that put people off posting on here.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That's what he was going to try next John if no spark thank you.

Excuse me gixerboy your attitude stinks if it's going to continue then take it some place else.

This is a forum where people come for advice tips help and parts not to take abuse and crappy comments like you just made. It's people like your self that put people off posting on here.
Excuse me Rab/Simon but that was my advice, tip and help. Also it wasn't abusive in the slightest :smthumbup
Keep throwing parts at something guessing what's wrong with it wasting time and cash or get someone who has a clue to fix it!
Have I not helped you with advice in the past? Like maybe the other day? But if that's the attitude you have it puts people like me off posting on here and helping you :smthumbdo

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it's not the spark so that's ruled out then and no need to check crank censor.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excuse me Rab/Simon but that was my advice, tip and help. Also it wasn't abusive in the slightest :smthumbup
Have I not helped you with advice in the past? Like maybe the other day? But if that's the attitude you have it puts people like me off posting on here and helping you :smthumbdo
There was no need for swearing was there. A simple you would be best to take it to a tuner would have been more helpfully rather than that.

And of course your help was most greatful and tbh i am very shocked at the comment you have made as always thought of you as one of the good guys always willing to help others trying to sort there issues out whatever the case maybe mechanical or body wise.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm surprised you can't fix this problem , surely you can just swap parts around til it's fixed

I am right in thinking when he stripped his old car he would have 2 of everything, lmfao ��

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
There was no need for swearing was there. A simple you would be best to take it to a tuner would have been more helpfully rather than that.

And of course your help was most greatful and tbh i am very shocked at the comment you have made as always thought of you as one of the good guys always willing to help others trying to sort there issues out whatever the case maybe mechanical or body wise.
I apologise for the swearing then, I didn't think you were that sensitive :blush:
I do try to help people where I can but in the last week you have had quite a few issues, possibly not all your fault but we all know you like to work on your car, its your car after all so its your choice but I can't help think most or some of your problems come from mistakes you make while working on it, my concern is its only a matter of time before you hurt yourself or someone else. For instance your trying to get a spark and by the sounds of it the cylinders are soaked with fuel so there's a fire risk straight away :shake:
My point is fair enough working on your car but when it gets to things you don't know about its best to get help from people that do know, last thing u want is another insurance claim. Next time it might not have such a happy ending :smthumbdo

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I apologise for the swearing then, I didn't think you were that sensitive :blush:
I do try to help people where I can but in the last week you have had quite a few issues, possibly not all your fault but we all know you like to work on your car, its your car after all so its your choice but I can't help think most or some of your problems come from mistakes you make while working on it, my concern is its only a matter of time before you hurt yourself or someone else. For instance your trying to get a spark and by the sounds of it the cylinders are soaked with fuel so there's a fire risk straight away :shake:
My point is fair enough working on your car but when it gets to things you don't know about its best to get help from people that do know, last thing u want is another insurance claim. Next time it might not have such a happy ending :smthumbdo
You must be comfussing Simon with some else. For a start he's had 3 problem until know such as bent valve brake servo and lambda censore so i hardly think your comments are justified. Lambda censore fixed new head fitted with all new timing parts car was fully mapped no problems with what he done head is still good no lift car made 420bhp 450ftlb so he must be doing somthing right.

Sean you have been warned by Simon but keep going with the insurance thing that you clearly don't have a clue and no nothing about what you are taking about that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You must be comfussing Simon with some else. For a start he's had 3 problem until know such as bent valve brake servo and lambda censore so i hardly think your comments are justified. Lambda censore fixed new head fitted with all new timing parts car was fully mapped no problems with what he done head is still good no lift car made 420bhp 450ftlb so he must be doing somthing right.
Yep I must be getting confused with someone else. Anyway good luck with it, sure you will sort it out in the end, Si sounds like he's on the ball now with his repairs :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Check the crank sensor I had same thing before I removed me engine found the ballencer shaft belt snapped and took out the sensor

·
Registered
543 Posts

Sean you have been warned by Simon but keep going with the insurance thing that you clearly don't have a clue and no nothing about what you are taking about that's for sure.
"I've been warned" ok I promise not to have an opinion on an open forum again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts