Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Man Utd fans out there?

I've managed to get tickets to tonights Man Utd vs Chelsea match at Old Trafford.

Can anyone advise the best place to park so I can get a quick getaway as I have a 3 hr drive back home.

Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
hi - don't know where you will be approaching from - used to park on kings road in stretford - about 15 mins walk - good safe parking in those days and convenient for m60 Altrincham/old trafford turn off onto chester road. you would need a manchester a to z to find it though - sorry can't post much more - about to catch an aeroplane - dinner overlooking the french riviera all being well. Leave loads of time - the roads will be chocker all round that area of manchester before and after the match. There are also some £4-5 supervised parks in SAlford Quays which I have used more recently - 20 mins walk but again v.busy and will take about 45 mins to clear the traffic after the match.
Hope you're not a b***** chelsea fan!

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Mike, if you are driving anything worth more than £1000 with valid road tax, then park at the railway station at Altrincham and get the Metrolink into Old Trafford (the tram).

You will get away from the grounds quicker, and your car should be safer than in some sh1thole near to Old Trafford.

Altrincham is right by the A556, which leads to the M6...so you can get away and back home quicker too.

·
12,904 Posts
I always used to take my evo and had no problem. I just always made sure I parked in one of the official carparks. (they lock them just after kick off and open 15 mins before the end) If you dont want to get stuck in traffic then you leave before the end of the game about 5/10 mins sees you off onto motorway in no time.

Anyway with a bit of luck it will all be over by then and Chelski will be well beaten. ;)

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Bucketloads of official car parking and semi official car parking in the trading estate area. Safe enough, it is a bit too busy and too many people about to nick a car, or even break in and have your laptop and change away. When leaving, take lots of the sideroads around, all the sheep just line up and you can queue jump like buggery :)

If you are a Chelsea fan however, ignore the previous and park up just outside Old Trafford, ignore the yellow lines and stuff, the car will be fine...... honest .... :D

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys. Wish I'd posted this earlier. Was a great match. Chelsea were a far superior team though :D

It took us over an hour to get to the motorway junction :( then the 3 hr drive home arriving at 2am :bored: :yawn: :bored: :yawn:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Had my locks smashed in while parked in the Trafford pub, but they didn't get in.
I used the tyre place just round the corner a few times, but as Lee says there are loads of places on the Ind est, and then walk in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts