Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in the local rag (Nottingham) a report of a black Evo6 stolen from an owner outside his house at knifepoint.
A few days later possibly the same gang returned to the same area and did the same to the owner of a TT.
Please be warned!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of my mates has been carjacked (he got away but with a slashed hand) and another unsuccesful one was reported yesterday. Both FTO's (one in Brum, one in London). LOCK YOUR DOORS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the #### is going on in this country.All this added anti theft security on our cars has put drivers lives at risk.
Carry a gun next I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do what they do in South Africa, fit a flame thrower under the side of the car! As soon as someone comes up and tries to get in, flick a switch and watch 'em burn. Apparently it doesn't do much, if any damage to the car, saw it on Tommorrows World a while back.

Seriously though, I suppose you could keep the alarm keyfob seperate from the car keys. If someone does manage to take the car when they start to drive off plip the alarm keyfob and it will go off shortly afterwards with them driving it. Just a thought.

By the way some of the car jackings have happened even with the doors locked, they just smash the side windows. Perhaps it's time to invest in that film that goes on the inside of the windows, certainly worth it if you are worried.

Just read in the papers today, a motorcyclist got banged up for 12 months for doing 160mph and I read the other day that the police would not even come out when someone reported that a bunch of kids where jumping up and down on someones car.
Justice? Pah!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with the SA way of doing this is, as Shorty pointed out, that it put lives at risk. Now in SA instead of seeing if you'll hand your car over, they'll just shoot you first to make sure you can't activate an anti-theft system. It can certainly only get worse anf the police/courts just don't seem to be able to do anything about it. If you catch a thief he gets let of or there just isn't any more space in jail. I say screw the NHS, people can buy private health care, and buy more prisons to start LOCKING PEOPLE UP!!! There is no deterrant against crime these days. To make it worse they're talking about weekend jails and not jailing thieves.

Anarchy is getting closer each and every day. What we need is a strong government with some balls to tell liberal, PC, do-gooders to go to Hell and to actually get tough on crime, not just talk tough. It's time to put society first, not the criminals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I say bring back capital punishment and a zero tolerance policy too - anybody committing GBH or worse gets an automatic death sentence to be carried out a week or two latter (no time for costly appeals that way). Won't have to worry about overcrowded prisons or the f***ers doing it when they get out too.

Anyways, I've got anti-jacking on my car, if a door is opened with the engine running then the alarm is tripped. If driven off without keying in the code it'll activate and shut down the engine - hopefully they won't have got far and you'll have had enough time to find a big stick and club them over the head :D I like HH6's idea about holding onto the keyfob, will have to give that a go :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ballistic: Just after a bit of background, where is this area where it's happening. I'm from Derby and sometimes stray into Notts. Obviously I'd like to avoid this a known trouble spot. Any description on the 'gang'
Cheers for the info,
Jools :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HH6
was the biker the guy wiyh the camera strapt to the tank, my mate told me about it. apparently the guy who got done was pulled for a routine check and the copper checked his video camera and then saw that he had been doing 160mph. unlucky or stupid, you decide.

with this car jacking lark the thing to remember is that its only a car, if they want it bad enough then walk away, let them have it.ive had my car nicked and another car broken onto, they ripped out £2000 worth of ICE right outside my front door. i went round a few local suspects but just ended up more stressed and wound up.

the insurance wound me up aswell, they offered me £4800 for an astra gsi that i had paid £7995 for a month before,i eventually got my money back but only after a real battle. why dont insurures let you insure your car for its true value. they ask you its value when you take out cover but if its a total loss or stolen then they offer you bottom book price.

Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldnt have thought removing the keyfob would work as theres a fail safe circuit on most alarms to prevent them from going off while your driving down the road.

Stiffer sentences are whats required, and proper jails where you get crap food and hard labour, not video games and ice cream!

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
U can drive off with the alarm going off! I have done it in my old car by accident!

It probably depends what alarm u got.

Keeping the Key Fob separate is worth giving a try.

What areas and streets have these muggings been reported in? I will avoid these areas!

I agree that the law can sometimes be fustrating,cos they don't go out and spend more time trying 2 catch crimminals who rob and hurt people and instead spend more time trying 2 catch people who do the incorrect speed by a little in roads that r safe,i.e Motorway etc. When the motorway is clear and is nice weather whats the prob with going slighly over 70,(I don't go over the limits myself personally!) that limit was set so long ago,I wasn't even born when that limit was set and I bet most of guys/gals 2! weren't born either!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jools,

The area in which these thefts took place was in the 'The Park',if your not sure where that is,its a rather exclusive area in Notts Just behind Nottingham castle right in the centre,this area has no through road and all roads are 'Private Roads'.For those people who may visit notts in their beloved motors there is no need to go near 'The Park',There are some very good car parks in Notts,I left Cossies,subarus and now an Evo with no Probs.

Take Care

Blood

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Blood, I know exactly where you mean. A mate of mine lives there and he's had his Pug GTi-6 attacked twice outside his flat.
No doubt the Police will be carrying out extra patrols of this area now. Not!
Jools

1 - 14 of 14 Posts