Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Daz,
Extremely sorry to hear it mate. :( What a bugger.
At least you got the car back without too much damage. It could have been a lot worse. I suppose its a good thing that you had a Tracker fitted.

Andy

P.S. we're down at Ralliart tomorrow morning if you're going to be around

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sux, man.

Look on the bright side: you got the car back with what seems like minimal damage, but most importantly, YOU are fine!

Believe me, where I'm from, if someone intentionally rams your car, it's very bad news. Kidnapping for ransom is very prevalent here, and that's their usual modus operandi. A personal friend of mine and her sister were kidnapped at gunpoint over a month ago, and to this day have not been released. They are asking for over a million quid ransom money. Worst part is, it is frequently the military or police forces that are behind these kidnappings. No joke.

Don't mean to be a downer, but it could have been much worse for you! Nevertheless, I hope your car is fine. Give it a few weeks, and you'll have a big smile on your face again enjoying the Evo!

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darren,

That sucks, sorry to hear that. :( I hope your insurance will pay for the damage and that it wont cost you too much.

From your posting, I got the impression that maybe you didnt punch the guy hard enough. But then again, under those circumstances...

When you come this summer, I can sell you a shot gun of mine really cheap, like £150. Much more efficient than a punch in the face, and effects are longer lasting :D (it's a Mossberg, email me for details).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sheez thats rough. I live in Birmingham and this is happening all too often.
Broad Streets gotta be pretty busy at that time. Bet there were by standers just looking helplessly on?.
Theres loads of CCTV on that road so are the cops looking in to that?.
I hate w*nkers that do this sort of thing.

Gotta get anti car jacking device soon.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daz,
so sorry to hear about this, I bet you are so ####ed off and I don't blame you, I hope you hit the guy really hard.

Lets hope the police actually do something about it

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard Birmingham is full of #### and the like. Is that so?

BTW, what were you doing there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daz

NIGHTMARE

may get a clifford black-jack - this is happening more and more.

Hope you get it fixed and back on the road soon.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All,

Thanks for your kind comments and such like.

I was just off Broad Street in a side street just about to go into a multi-story car park.

Several people around, all managed to get reg plate of other car. (Probably nicked anyway !)

Police will check CCTV, no fingerprints were found - they must have been wearing gloves.

They also rang home and told my wife that they had my car (mobile in car) they actually did this 3 times before I stopped the phone.

Interior of car completely un-marked. They nicked my radar detector, wallet, coat (with passport in) sunglasses, driving glasses.
They left the stereo, CD changer and boost gauge alone.

Mechanically car should be OK, although the geometry / alignment will be done. Clutch / brakes might be suspect - don't know yet.
2 new TME alloys will be needed and perhaps a front lower splitter. Ralliart will road test it and let me know.

I drove the car from Birmingham to Dudley - felt OK - still went well, no funny noises from bonnet. Brakes seemed shite (Might be boiled brake fluid) Handbrake has been used in anger - about 10 clicks before it locks !

I was told by insurance company that I was stupid for putting up a fight - which is true. But at the end of the day when the red mist decends all is lost !

Police officer informed me he liked 'cracking skulls' and this type of crime was equal to rape !

Oh well, let's see what next week brings, might be a full respray !

What about Maxpower pink ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wazup

Bad luck mate, you always hear about these things happening on the news etc., brings it home when it happens to someone you 'know'.

A friend who spends a fair bit of time in Florida where this kind of thing happens all to often has this advice about car-jacking:

...stop and acknowledge the other driver then drive off and don't stop until you find a police car or station or a busy public place where no-one would seriously attempt to attack you. Never get out of the car.

I realise that this is a bit late for you but it may help someone in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Claudius, I'm sure there are Pakistani/asian people on this forum who probably think your comment is a bit racist.
I'm sure you're not but just looks that way.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a nightmare, I hope all gets sorted for you, and glad to here that you and you mate are OK.

This seems to be happening more and more now, it really worries me, as I let my girlfriend take my EVO out for a spin when I am away working. That won't be happening from now on.

I just don't understand how these people can do things like this, what kind of society are we living in now.

Hope the police catch the F**kers and stick them in Prison where they belong, with a bit of luck they might get ass raped on a daily basis as well. Fair punishment I think!!!

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original Post:
Claudius, I'm sure there are Pakistani/asian people on this forum who probably think your comment is a bit racist.
I'm sure you're not but just looks that way.

Tony
Yeah, maybe the people who actually managed to steal an Evo now check this forum to find out how to make the car faster. And hey, maybe we even gave them advice!! :(

I'm not a racist, but strangely it is extremely often people from the countries former colonies (Pakistan, India in the UK, North Africa in France) who steal cars and (very popular in the South of France) steal handbags from old ladies when they walk on the sidewalk and they drive by on a scooter. I could post many articles of these juvenile delinquents getting arrested: it's never Jean Dupond, it's always Mohammad Aziz or sthg if you know what I mean. Not generalizing, just noting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've not heard of any car-jacking in Scotland, although it probably does happen. I'm like you, unless there is a big obstacle in the way, ie a weapon...knife or firearm, I would have a go at causing him some harm. Stupid I know as the scrote can then get you charged with assault.

Years ago I caught a suitable **** breaking into my Opal Manta GTE exclusive (total pride and joy), instead of shouting at him from a distance to scare him off I strode up to him and had a serious one to one and showed him exactly where he could safely store his screwdriver.

Sorry for the rant but, there are some scum out there that are just below the dogsh!t on your shoe.

Glad to hear you are all okay...by the way!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mate, i am gutted for u, but at least u are ok, and the wife and amba werent in the car at the time.

call u over the weekend

lee

ps. how about justin organising a group purchase of Pepper Spray?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
next thing one of those tossers will get caught and do you for assault.

sorry mate.

are thoise anti jacking device things any good? dont they stop the car within a few hundred yards and let the sirens whale like a bitch. in such a busy street thety would have run straight away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Daz,

That's really bad news. Makes you feel the same as when your house is burgled - you just want to hammer the b*****ds until your knuckles hurt.
Try carrying a pepper spray in the door pocket for just such an occassion. They are only about 3 long, and conveniently fit inside a clenched fist! With that sh*t in their face, they wouldn't be driving anywhere for the next 5-10 minutes!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry to hear bud...:(

Keep the faith ...

shame you can't get a spike installed under the seat....could be a bit dodgy if it went off by accident though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Daz,

Jeez mate, sorry to hear that, but glad to hear you're OK and Evo (kinda) in one piece. I was up at Ralliart this morning and saw you're car (not close up though) and thought it may be in for service or ARP bolts, never thought it could be in for that, jeez.

I can recommend the Clifford Black-Jax device, got it fitted to the wife's Galant and it is excellent, as soon as I've got some more cash I'm having one fitted to the Evo.

Funnily enough, perhaps InsBro can comment on this, when renewing the insurance for the Galant, both Norwich Union and Tesco hadn't got a clue what the BlackJax was and what it did, thought it may be too new for them?

Daz, once again mate, sorry to hear 'bout you're news, on the bright side you may be able to get rid of any stone chips that may have appeared ;) Maybe your insurance company should know that the carjackers damaged the ARP bolts and they need replacing? ;) :D

Take care out there men

Dave

1 - 20 of 57 Posts