Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
insurance for younger drivers ,,

right first off as above really my sons first car and he has only just passed test ,:smthumbup

hes also just got his wings with aircadet squadron ,:smthumbup

need some recomends for good insurance for younger drivers the car is possibly a bmw 316i old n reg but good car , tried go compare etc ,£5300 was cheapest:rotz:

i know what you are thinking but its only a 1.6l and its a 3 door compact .. just wondered if any of you had any good recomends ,, cheers in advance :smthumbup

·
Registered
693 Posts
insurance for younger drivers ,,

right first off as above really my sons first car and he has only just passed test ,:smthumbup

hes also just got his wings with aircadet squadron ,:smthumbup

need some recomends for good insurance for younger drivers the car is possibly a bmw 316i old n reg but good car , tried go compare etc ,£5300 was cheapest:rotz:

i know what you are thinking but its only a 1.6l and its a 3 door compact .. just wondered if any of you had any good recomends ,, cheers in advance :smthumbup
Sell the beemer and get him a 1.0 F reg fiat panda, much cheaper to insure :smthumbup

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Cheapest insurers when i passed my test were places like co-op and tesco insurance. Alot cheaper than places like direct line and admaril etc. Also had good quotes from bell insurance aswell. I hate those comparisson websites as iv found that once you go on one all the companys hound you into buying theres.

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
silly car to try insure mate at that age as above trade it in for a lil corsa and you'll get a much better deal

·
Registered
440 Posts
Bell/Admiral are pretty. I've been with them for 3 years and my brother is with Admiral and its pretty cheap for us young drivers:smthumbup

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always wanted better and better cars:
At 17 i had a 1.3 fiesta (£1300 insurance) owned for a couple of months,
Then i had a 1.8 ford focus (£2500 insurance) owned for a year,
Then 1.6 Vtec civic (£1400 insurance) owned for 6 months,
Then Honda S2000 (£2900 insurance) owned for 9 months,
Now a 4.3 v6 chevy truck (£1500 insurance) owned for 3 months till now,

Now i want a Evo 5 but insurance is a proper killer as im only 20 so insurance is an absolute B*****D for young drivers :cry:

Tim

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I always wanted better and better cars:
At 17 i had a 1.3 fiesta (£1300 insurance) owned for a couple of months,
Then i had a 1.8 ford focus (£2500 insurance) owned for a year,
Then 1.6 Vtec civic (£1400 insurance) owned for 6 months,
Then Honda S2000 (£2900 insurance) owned for 9 months,
Now a 4.3 v6 chevy truck (£1500 insurance) owned for 3 months till now,

Now i want a Evo 5 but insurance is a proper killer as im only 20 so insurance is an absolute B*****D for young drivers :cry:

Tim
Can you not go on your old fella's insurance?

Or have you asked for a quote for you as the policy holder but also insure your parents on it? That can bring it down.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can you not go on your old fella's insurance?

Or have you asked for a quote for you as the policy holder but also insure your parents on it? That can bring it down.
As my parents owned a bodypanel repair centre they are on a company policy still and my grandad is making the excuses saying that we are too young (which is bull***t as my mate has a traders policy where he can have uprto £28000 worth of cars at one time and his insurance is only £2500 with his missus) i was thinking of getting my own traders policy but take it i would have to make up a company etc.

I have my mum on my policy but doesnt go down by much, i may tru my girlfriend instead as they take it down for younger girl drivers for some strange reason.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
when i was 17 the cheepest by far was a company called hyperformance, but i don't know if they are still going!

defo worth a try if they are, i had a BMW 323i, and i think it was about £1400 in my name. but after that i had a 309 gti and they wanted £2200 for that:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts