Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i have been trying to get my car in my garage but i have a problem , the slope on my drive is that bad that my front bumper scrapes on the floor when its inch's in the garage so i dont go in anymore , does anyone else have the same problem and if so how have they overcome it
ta
chris

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Reverse it in as the back will probably have more clearance than the front, or try and change the angle of the slope at the bottom (closest to the garage) to reduce the angle... :)

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Just take a run at it lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep I had the same problem with my Zed. I made up some timbers 12" wide. basically got my mate who works in a timber yard to cut me one sheet of 8x4 3/4 shuttering ply into 4 lengths. Then screwed those to some 4x2 sawn timber. This effectively raises the garage floor about 4&3/4 inches but only where the wheels run, I also knocked up a couple of short ramps just to get me over the edge. What happens is as you drive on the front of the car carries on going straight up until you have enough clearance and then it levels out. Sorry if thats a really crap explanation but if its of interest and help i'll take a pic for you tomorrow when its light as its easier that way.
Mike

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sorry for the delay, hope this helps. Basically there are 4 of them, two for each side. Also allows you to get a nice drip tray or whatever under the car if you need to. Also took a pic of the ramps I knocked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts