Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ever since buying my evo 6 it has had carbon pads in it and the wheels were impossible to clean wonder wheels what crap didn't touch the wheels . this stuff was sent to me from the US from a friend who races the ovals . he said this will get any brake dust of no matter how long and thick it has being left and yes he is right take several goes but it all comes off . i will sell this to the forum lads for £10 inc postage for 1 litre this is enough to do to really bad wheels plus enough for about 3 or 4 good cleans this stuff is NON ACID so won't take the paint of.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With carbon metalic pads , there is bits of metal in the compound of the pad, when they get hot,and the bits of metal come of your pad ,brun into the lackar on your wheels,and thats why you won't get it off!! hope this helps,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not true marco it is this so called burnt in stuff comes off with this as for organic pads blade theses pads are the ap pad you said and cover the car with a fine rust colour that you can't get of . this car sat on the motorways and must have a years worth of pad on the inside of the rims and with this wheel cleaner it all comes of like new i could not belive it blade like new . i have used acid based stuff for years never again this is the mutts nuts hey try some FOC bring some to donny at the week end .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
400. Pretty sure, that Dave had Mintex f4r's in. I've got them as well, and can't get the rust (actually bits of disc) and dust off my wheels. they are kerbed anyway, so am going to get them blasted and re coated (mate owns a powder coating company so should be cheap). I tried neat acid wheel cleaner, that's meant to be diluted 10/1, and it didn't have much affect. the problems really start, when you don't clean them regularly, and let the wheels get really hot on track.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both me and Dave got 6 pot AP's at the same time (how sweet!)

The standard pads that came with them lasted 2 track days and went down to the shoes! Questmead recommended the harder pads which we both got. The plus side we got a firmer pedal but the downside they shagged the discs, heated them up too much on the track and covered the car in nuclear fallout!

I had to t-cut the whole of my car before I could sell it, what a nightmare! Although the debate has been talked about often on here I would rather buy new pads every couple of track days than clean all the bits of disc off my car and wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have F4R's and you can clean all the crude off them even after months of abuse it just takes fking ages. I managed to do one wheel over a weekend (yes it takes that long!) using Wonder Wheels, a toothbrush, elbow grease and finger nails. I did 80% of the other wheel the next weekend using the same (minus the finger nails as I had none left!) plus a steam cleaner and then gave up :(. The trouble is the Super T's have too many bloody nooks and crannies (and spokes) for the dust to cling to although now thanks to Justin I have cured that ;)
Just as a tip try warming any acid cleaner before using it, it does speed it up a bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NO NO NO NO NO this stuff gets the wheels clean like new any pad dust just goes takes 1 hour per bad wheel hunty you are right about the fallout over the car the car has gone rusty down the sides dave never cleaned the wheelsfor years inside but with 2 go's it all came of like new could not belive it this stuff is brill 100000000 times better than wonder wheels hey try some FOC you pay postage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
belive this or not if my wheels get to filthy, I use ' mr muscel' ovencleaner, i leave it on for about 20 mins and blast the stuff of with the jetwash and haypresto, they are like brand new :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts