Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the paper today that three guys caught doing well over a ton weaving in and out of traffic on route 1 from Calais to Paris during the 'Cannonball run' to Monte Carlo are have had their cars confisicated by the French police and that they will be sold to pay their fines.

The cars:

F355
Another Ferrari (possibly a 360 can't remember)
and, I quote, "a Top range Mitsubishi"

I wonder what the third one was :blush:

Seems harsh but by all accounts they were driving like total loons overtaking on hard shoulder, the lot.

Shame that didn't happen to Clarkson when he screamed down France in the DB9 in that feature on Top Gear. The police in that clip appeared to be egging him on :confused:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
y2kfireblade said:
thieving bastards!
The problem with being in another country is that the laws can be very different. If the Police doing that is perfectly legal in France, then don't get caught being a naughty boy in France if you want to keep your car :(

Edit: just remembered that Customs and Excise confiscate and auction off vehicles here in this country, and that the police are talking about doing the same to persistent driving / noise offenses (ie "chavs"). So it's not as far removed from the way things go over here as it sounds at first.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing I like most about it is that for the same offence (they were in a three car convoy) one has lost a car worth nearly three times what teh cheapest car is worth (assuming that the Mitsi mentioned is an FQ of some description).

Strange justice but a good deterrent none the less

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
i totally agree with taking there cars away ! roads are not race tracks and should not be used as such . speed kills believe it or not !!

dave

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
speed kills believe it or not !!

dave [/B]

been watching some pro camera ads or reading some "brake" literature i think eh? im quite sure these guys were taking the **** but a sweeping statement like that is ******** mate. speed itself doesnt kill misuse of speed can kill, get it right.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
evo400 said:
i totally agree with taking there cars away ! roads are not race tracks and should not be used as such . speed kills believe it or not !!

dave
erm Dave!.... remind me, how fast were you driving your car on public roads with 4 of us in at the time!! :D

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
errr around 160mph ish BUT teri did have her knee's in my back pushing me for more :crackup:

but i am sorry guys since my best pal was locked up i am very anti speed .

dave

·
Registered
405 Posts
Locked up omg what happened how fast was he going??

As for those 3 cannonballers tbh I'm pretty sure they're happy they're not going to jail and that they just need to get a new car!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
evo400 said:
errr around 160mph ish BUT teri did have her knee's in my back pushing me for more :crackup:

but i am sorry guys since my best pal was locked up i am very anti speed .

dave
mmmmh that speaks volumes mate lol. i take it you will be selling he evo and getting a micra then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts