Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a car that will be fun to drive and yet perform well as a tow car too. Currently have an M3 CSL but can't fit a tow bar to that, so wondered if it is possible to fit a tow bar to an Evo, and if so what are they like as tow cars pulling something fairly heavy like a caravan?

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Paul Swift, son of Russ, and his tow bar, shortly to be fitted to my Evo 8.

Pulls a BMW Mini inside the Race Shuttle with no problems at all.

Si

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
nice trailer bloody hell that ring vids crap:lol:
Yep, though not bad when you consider he was holding on to the camera which was actually an N95 phone!

I thought he did quite well actually!

We got busted once with a fixed camera so hand held was the only way at the time.

Si

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
;)

it actually pulls a trailer very well, though there are a lot of people on here that think an evo should never tow anything

Do a search for watling tow bars, then look in the import section

Stu
They list an Evo 6 tow bar - is that what you've got on your Evo 5? I'm thinking about a tow bar for my Evo 5 so I can use a bike trailer.

·
Premium Member
22,054 Posts
They list an Evo 6 tow bar - is that what you've got on your Evo 5? I'm thinking about a tow bar for my Evo 5 so I can use a bike trailer.
Yep, thats it

It was a while ago i fitted mine, but i remember it wasn't a perfect fit, but it wasn't bad, iirc, i had to use some washers as spacers, but the rest was straight forward

Stu

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Yep, thats it

It was a while ago i fitted mine, but i remember it wasn't a perfect fit, but it wasn't bad, iirc, i had to use some washers as spacers, but the rest was straight forward

Stu
Thanks for the info. My Evo V is in the bodyshop just now for renovation ad rust proofing and the back of the car is stripped to replace chassis rails so it's the ideal time to fit a towbar!

·
acting daft since 1969
19,595 Posts
heaven help the fuel issue pulling a trailer like that space shutle of the swifts ,an evo must SERIOUSLY drink fuel

i cant see any issues apart from the fuel usage ,but ROSS if your chassis rails are being replace id make sure that are welded WELL ,a small/bike trailer would be the limit but anything heavyer id be carefull

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
heaven help the fuel issue pulling a trailer like that space shutle of the swifts ,an evo must SERIOUSLY drink fuel

i cant see any issues apart from the fuel usage ,but ROSS if your chassis rails are being replace id make sure that are welded WELL ,a small/bike trailer would be the limit but anything heavyer id be carefull
Thanks
It's being done really carefully - it's actually a much bigger job than it looks but isn't that always the case! The car's being properly waxoyled too afterwards.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Now, I might get shot for suggesting this but if I say it very quitely no one should notice too much.

Wonder if you could tow a caravan with one, might be nice to take the family to a caravan park, unhook then go out on your own for a good old blast.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts