Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in mid deal with somebody that has an FQ300 Evo 8 on a 53 reg. It has the fog light in the rear bumper, it has the HKS hardpipe kit, it has FQ300 on the doors and bootlid, it has the 6 speed gearbox and i belive it to have the alloy roof - but it has no badge by the gear lever! The car comes up on the HPI as an FQ300 but i am a little concerned as the badge is not there, he has been told there are a handfull of cars that was imported into the uk when new with 0 miles and dont have the interior plate in them
Can anybody tell me if it is an FQ or an import GSR

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
the alley roofs are on the mr's,i have a fq300 or so the dealer told me has th hks exhaust,hard pipes etc but the badge just says evolution number 88 does the car u looking at have a carbon spoiler?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the alley roofs are on the mr's,i have a fq300 or so the dealer told me has th hks exhaust,hard pipes etc but the badge just says evolution number 88 does the car u looking at have a carbon spoiler?
I have not seen it in person but it is a silver car and the blade on the spoiler looks black

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mine is a UK fq-300 and it only had an evolution badge on the centre console. It also has the WX reg prefix.

As others have said PM black knight for more info as he can check the model, being a mitsubishi dealer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have given the chassis number to a mate at a main dealer and all it comes up wit his Evolution 8 .... no FQ or GSR! it seems to be a nothing car so they are looking into it and contacting Japan as it sholud be something

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is a UK fq-300 and it only had an evolution badge on the centre console. It also has the WX reg prefix.

As others have said PM black knight for more info as he can check the model, being a mitsubishi dealer.
Do you know the car or have you seen the advert for it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I haven't. You could post a link up here so people can have a look at it and it may shed more light on the situation.
i have put up a post with the reg etc, i couldnt work out how you knew it was on a WX prefix as i had not said it was :confused:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Not all were sold with a WX prefix.

Also remember that cars which have had cherished plate transfers are re-registered when the plate is removed and not always with the WX reg again. My FQ300 was WX and then i had my plate on, and when i retained the number to sell the car i was given an MH prefix reg.

As stated above there were also a handful of cars which slipped through and didnt get a gearlever badge added to them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts