Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right peeps was wondering if i could get longer studs so i can use a wheel spacers on my evo 4 as i am going to be fitting brembos on the front and the compo's that i have hits on the inner spokes?

thanks guys

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yep, although the thickness of the spacer you need depends on your particular alloy and offset. Mine's currently got 5mm spacers on, and that gives me about 2mm clearance between wheel & caliper.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah right thanks,
where did you get your spacers and studs?
where they solid alloy spacers or do they have a lot os holes in them mate?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wheel spacers

Hi there,

I was running some wheels with 10mm spacers all round with longer studs. I would say that this was a mistake. Now i have bought wheels that fit properly and its like a different car (better).:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
spacers

if you really want to use spacers,then go for hub centric spacers not the universal type, try john at TSL, cheers des

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guy didnt really want to run spacers:smthumbdo but i like my wheels to much go nice with the car!:smthumbup
but i dont want to lose any of the handling:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
Im glad this came up, as having same problem.. I love my wheels but would need 8mm spacer to clear caliper and longer studs, but am not sure how bad the handling will be, can only assume it will suffer:cry:

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello Scott, hows things?

I was in the same position as you not long after i bought the wheels but the brembo calipers are so wide you would need very thick spacers for clearance. Ended up going for 330mm AP's as they just cleared the wheels.

The easiest way would be to change to wheels off a newer evo but the comp's suit the car so well!

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
I used spacers on my old VII gsr and use to go through wheel bearings like nobody business. I wouldn't use em again

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
Personally after my experience yesterday with my wheel shearing off I would say that if you're going to use spacrs then make sure you get the best wheel studs you can buy and definitely use hubcentric spacers.

Andy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys think am going to bite the bullet and get new wheels,
dont fancy putting spacers on
thanks rick
hows it gonig? hows the new car?

so if anyones looking for 17" 5spoke compomotives pm me

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hi Scott, new car is great, hope your treating my old IV well:smthumbup

There is an IV local to me with evo 5 wheels in the same gun-metal colour as the comp's which looks really well.

Hold out for a decent price for the compomotives if you sell them - they werent cheap!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Scott, new car is great, hope your treating my old IV well:smthumbup

There is an IV local to me with evo 5 wheels in the same gun-metal colour as the comp's which looks really well.

Hold out for a decent price for the compomotives if you sell them - they werent cheap!
thats great mate, i bet they wernt
yip been off the road for a bit just getting all the bits and pieces together that i want to get on it before it comes bk out for the sumer mate,
thinking on going to a few shows this year is i can get the misses to let me lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have got hubcentric spacers on my e4 there made by eibach so top quality and used longer studs and clears my brembos by about 3mm. been on about 2years with no probs or driving isues.

·
Registered
540 Posts
PM me a price for the wheels mate just out of intrest :smthumbup

By the way, thats your car in the middle of my sig

1 - 17 of 17 Posts