1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cannot understand why more people have not gone the cams route
one of the best cosworths i ever drove had almost standard boost
but was modified in such a way you had useable everyday power

many turbo cars respond very well to cam changes
i belive in japan they re-time the standard evo cams to give more power,maybe just the exhaust ? anyone ?

anyone know how accurate the camwheel markings are on jap stuff ?
vernier wheels can make all the difference

anyone got facts or experiance with hks or other cams ?

no one using alti-cut?,water injection?,flowed head ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RC DEVELOPMENTS HAVE ADJUSTABLE CAM PULLEYS ON THERE CAR,RECKONED TO BE WORTH @ 10BHP.
GARY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the best cams to use is the Japanese Jun setup with their vernier wheels , I will be installing these on my VI so will keep u posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES WE DO HAVE A WEB SITE BUT IT IS NOT UP AND RUNNING YET. WE HAVE BEEN USING HKS CAMS AND CAM PULLEYS IN OUR EVO6, WITH OUT THESE CAMS AND PULLEYS WE WON'T HAVE OBTAINED 398BHP FROM STD TURBO AND STD ENGINE INTERNALS.

OUR TEL 01925 575290

MAX

N88EVO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T27

The rolling road graph I posted under Well Iffy turbo centre topic in gen disc. is of Max's car. As most of the EVO's were lifting off the rollers I would say that it was a conservative estimate. I've seen the car and a few people have driven it and said it is a lot quicker than their sixes or Mak's. In fact I believe Stuart is after a similar setup in his Mak, and I'm considering it if I keep my six and don't buy a new Mak. (£10k to change or about £6k for an extra 80BHP and a lot of torque)

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe HKS 286 cams and cam gears are about 500UK Pounds sterling, plus installation costs. I think it was Abbey Motorsports that was advertising it. http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

You know, tuning a car there in the UK ain't no fun! Too freaking expensive!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SILVERSIX

DO YOU KNOW WHAT CAMS ARE IN RC'S EVO 6 AND WHAT BHP AND TORQUE DID THEY GET.

DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST CAMS FOR MY EVO5 GSR. I USE MY CAR DAILY SO DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE DRIVERABILITY.

THANKS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts