Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Here is a break from the normal type of video I do. This is a beautiful farm with some amazing ground to fly FPV around, I have already made 2 other video's from this place having FPV fun.

This time I handed all the footage to CamSumps brother who is a bit of a video wiz and here is the outcome...Some of the shots I would not of picked myself due to jello etc but its nice to see someone elses point of view of a few flights

Brentor Heights & Lower Brentor View at Wortha Farm (Long Version)
best viewed full screen @720p

The video below has less full on FPV in it
Brentor Heights & Lower Brentor View at Wortha Farm
best viewed full screen @720p

Here is a video in my style I made at this farm...

FPV Quadcopter Wortha Farm Testing the Skills!
Best viewed full screen @720p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was awesome

How many years of practice does it take to become so competent?
Thanks for your nice comment Mondie, Ive been flying FPV since about November 2012

I would say its like most hobbies etc some people just have the skill and other have to work hard at it. I got my training from years of RC cars and trucks (electric and IC) and then a few weeks of flying RC gliders/planes which then lead me onto the Quadcopters/FPV... One of the best training tools would be a Hubsan X4 as its a lot cheaper to crash than the big ones! lol

Oh and of course Xbox/PS and PC gaming helped with the hand to eye co-ordination.

Here is my first ever FPV flight...you can see its a world away from the skills I have picked up now......main key being height control...

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
That was a great effort for a first flight. Do you need a license or have to lodge a flight plan? I know there are restrictions in Australia as a mate was telling me about an incident in Sydney where an enthusiast put his FPV heli into Richmond air base. That didn't go down too well apparently.

Is this expensive to get into?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts