Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alex Bones has just sent me some footage from a trackday late last year so I thought I'd pop it on here.

There's a lot of in car footage around with annoying camera angles or cameras that seem to make the car look like it's doing 20mph despite going pretty quickly.

With this video I think we got a decent angle that shows what's going on inside the car and out. In this position the GoPro seems to do a good job of getting across what these crazy cars can be like just messing around on a mere trackday and the way they just eat up the track.

So, here we go...no aero, no race fuel, oem diffs, 5 year old slicks, 700bhp, my old shed, Alex and me...having a ball at Cadwell Park. I hope you enjoy the ride.

(Make sure you choose the HD option on youtube and crank up the volume)

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Be faster without the added weight of that rat on your mates face. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Great vid Kenny and great driving, it's a fantastic track Cadwell, have been round a few times on my bikes :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Great to watch, some car that is and nice driving :smthumbup

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
love the vid ,I agree some camera on boards makes it look effortless and slower, check out loeb on pikes peak record .

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/stories/1331598982312/video-loeb-pikes-peak-record
Yes this is what I mean. There's no major sense of speed and the bumper cam does nothing for me. Had that cam been in the same position I had mine it would have been a much better video.

faaaaaaaaaaast!! What sort of HP are you making these days? ( Not the sauce obviously )
It did 872 on indigos dyno in 2013. It rose on the rollers so Ant said it will be about 50 less than that. I reckon on a dyno dynamics it would be around 800 but as we all know, it will be higher and lower depending whose rollers you go on. in 2013 the 6.75s 30-130 straight after mapping and on 1a tyres did suggest it was fairly powerful. It was much much heavier back then too. Around 200kgs heavier.

I keep watching this vid .:lol: doesn't look slow to me. Sounds amazing too, must be spine tingling when your actually in it.
You are all very kind with your words. As most of my threads seem to be going down well, I'll be doing more in 2017. More development, more trackdays, more videos, more threads. Roll on the dry weather.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
You are all very kind with your words. As most of my threads seem to be going down well, I'll be doing more in 2017. More development, more trackdays, more videos, more threads. Roll on the dry weather.[/QUOTE]

There was a time I used get home, get out the popcorn and come on MLR to see who Kenny1 has been upsetting today :handsup: :lol:

Great vid that, keep the threads coming Kenny they are a great insight to what goes into these cars. :smthumbup

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Effortless driving Kenny :smthumbup

Car goes superb

Wouldn't like to crash at them speeds in though. Roll cage doesn't look like it will do much.

·
Premium Member
20,610 Posts
Fluck me , thats bloody uber fast ....imagine if it was silver :lol:
Some nifty driving there i must say , bet it gets the adrenaline flowing big time :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts