Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rare opportunity to purchase a used C-TEC Evo X 3" modular system. This item replaces the OE turbo elbow and downpipe. Fits with OE turbo or aftermarket standard frame turbo e.g. Evo X MHI billet, HKS 7460 etc.

Very low road miles, in very good condition. For sale due to customer upgrading to a full frame turbo kit.

£450 delivered UK Mainland (RRP £595).

Please pm for contact tel number

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
C-TEC Evo X Modular System

A few people have contacted me to ask where this fits in the exhaust system.

It replaces the OE cast mild steel turbo elbow and OE downpipe. The OE turbo elbow in particular becomes a restriction point at circa 1.6 bar even on a stock turbo.

Basically, this bolts straight to the turbo (hot side) and finishes at the cat/de-cat.

Photo shows a C-TEC Evo X modular system fitted to an Evo X MHI billet turbo assembly.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure the Sportback has a different turbo. We have supplied our modular system to a few Sportback owners, but I reckon they were part of a conversion using Evo X turbo, Evo X intercooler etc.

As it happens, I do have very good used OE Evo X intercoolers & good used Evo X turbo assemblies if you're thinking of the same conversion :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Pretty sure the Sportback has a different turbo. We have supplied our modular system to a few Sportback owners, but I reckon they were part of a conversion using Evo X turbo, Evo X intercooler etc.

As it happens, I do have very good used OE Evo X intercoolers & good used Evo X turbo assemblies if you're thinking of the same conversion :)
100%. The Sportback uses a TD04 turbo. The TD05 X turbo is almost a bolt on though, the only thing you have to sort out is the air intake to the filter, and I got mine from CBRD in the States, as they custom make a really nice one.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts

OK thanks Nigel.

Yes, the turbo is smaller. I've thought about going down the Evo X turbo route previously but spoke with Bob who's done one conversion before but said it was not straightforward...and TBH I'm quite OK with where I am currently with her, power-wise...

If I change my mind I know where to come to though, thanks! :smthumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts