Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at and evo v for sale in singapore and i have a couple of questions to ask if anyone can answer.

i dont know if its a gsr or rs or if singapore have a different spec evo. it has painted door handles and rear wiper, oz 17's and brembo brakes. also has recaro interior and has climate control and air con.
on the other hand it has unusual m3 style mirrors (ive seen exactly the same mirrors on 3 other evos in singapore) i cant see from pics if it has electric windows will find out tomorrow it doesnt have a steering wheel with an airbag (momo wheel) it seems to have very little carpeting in the boot
the chassis no starts CN9A not CP9A which is also confusing the irish revenue office as they dont know of CN to calculate vrt. CN is comming up on their system as an evo iv rs??

the airbag, mirrors and boot thing have got me wondering, maybe someone may have an idea, id be grateful if anyone does

many thanks
kieran

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
CN9A means it is an Evo IV not a V

Climate control points towards it being a GSR The mirrors are and steering wheel could very well be, aftermarket.

From what you have written i would say it is a IV GSR.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply, the mirrors thing confused me cos i have seen 3 other evos (two 5's and a 7) with the same mirors, i agree about the wheel. its definately a v to look at unless bodywork was swapped, although i didnt think it was possible? are there any cosmetic or interior (dash) differences between iv and v?

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
gold gt said:
its definately a v to look at unless bodywork was swapped, although i didnt think it was possible? are there any cosmetic or interior (dash) differences between iv and v?
The seats are completely different, the clocks in a V are white, I could go on but if somebody has swopped the bodywork (and unless the wheels look like they are a fair bit in to the bodywork) and the suspension/driveshafts then they could have swapped loads of other bits over as well. I take it there are no great big weld lines anywhere?

At the end of the day, the chassis number prefix says that at least that part of the car is a IV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. the bodywork is all evo v even has evo v stickers on rear doors. the clocks are white(but has ralliart stamped on the speedo) the recaros are a bit like impreza seats, blue with a kinda greeny blue pattern in the middle

there only pics i have so cant check it out would engine no tell anything?

i could email you the pics if that would help?

appreciate the advise

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I e-mailed the dealer and this is the reply i got:

This car reg in singapore 03/1998

Chassis number: CN9A00xxxxx Confirm

Model stated EVO 4

This car is imported brand new from japan. The car is EVO 5. All EVO 5 regsiter in singapore is stated EVO 4 on the registion book.

Does anyone know what this is about or has come across this before? if thats the way singapore register their evos thats fine but it should still have a CP chassis no. as it was built in japan id have thought?

anyone, please?

thanks
Kieran

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
gold gt said:
This car reg in singapore 03/1998

Chassis number: CN9A00xxxxx Confirm

Model stated EVO 4

This car is imported brand new from japan. The car is EVO 5. All EVO 5 regsiter in singapore is stated EVO 4 on the registion book.
It's a IV

It has a IV chassis number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts