Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to realise my dream and buy and Evo X by Spring time.

I am on my second proper enquiry and wondered if anyone would give me their thoughts on it?

If anyone is, let me know and I will share a link (i have also received service history too) but this may be an unreasonable thing to ask so I'll see what people think. 60k/2011 reg. and gull service history.

The timing chain has been sorted but I wondered how to find out about the AYC if it isn't explicitly mentioned in the service history - would Mitsu give me a yay or nay if i can provide reg/vin?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I've broken any forum rules - literally the first forum I have ever signed up for.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Welcome mate,
Mitsubishi won't tell you anything about the ayc pump except for having your eyes out trying to sell you a new one.
When you view the car look in the boot and check the bottle is on max, Then turn the ignition on and you should hear the pump, check the bottle again to make sure it's gone down.
Also make sure you can toggle through the 3 modes.
If all ok and you purchase the vehicle, relocate the pump to the boot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I live in Cambridge but the car is in Kent.

This is manual 360 - top end of my budget. Initially wanted SST/300 but after some research I am likely to go by how clean the car is. It really will be a life purchase. Potentially emigrating in 4 years so car needs to be at least 15 yrs old by then hence looking for 2008-11.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...nesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=2

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Looks nice, but is the most common colour, and I would suggest a little over-priced since the X pricing has come down a lot of late...

Saying that this is the 360 manual, so it likely has a premium over the others.

BTW, apparently all the UK cars were 2008, and then registered as and when they were sold if that makes a difference to your 15 yr rule..?

Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah - I didn't know that about the reg. year - really useful to know - thanks!

Hoping to negotiate down on the basis that an AYC relocation is needed (or a replacement at worst).

Really appreciate all the feedback I've had.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Ah - I didn't know that about the reg. year - really useful to know - thanks!

Hoping to negotiate down on the basis that an AYC relocation is needed (or a replacement at worst).

Really appreciate all the feedback I've had.
More than I'd be prepared to spend on a manual 10, especially a red 1 (as above, by far the most common colour in the uk). But as its a dealer sale car and not private sale, if they are good for standing by their warranty, then that could help justify the premium

You cant really negotiate down the price on the ayc relocation, its a choice mod, not an essential rectification. If you can toggle through the snow gravel tarmac modes, then the AYC is working. Look for any warnings on the dash, look underneath for rust. If its covered in underseal, look past that to make sure its not hiding rot

Also as mentioned above, (nearly) all uk X's are 08 models, that could be a late registration, or an import. The dash may give that away, the display in the middle being Orange implies an earlier model, colour dash later model, though they can be retroffited

Stu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Stu.

Truth be told I wanted an Evo 8 for a long time but prices look to be going out of reach for me - DCY have quoted 20k+ by Spring.

I'll be mindful of not negotiating on AYC then but make sure I can get a review of rust - would you recommend getting underseal once purchased? I'll keep an eye on the dash too.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Cheers Stu.

Truth be told I wanted an Evo 8 for a long time but prices look to be going out of reach for me - DCY have quoted 20k+ by Spring.

I'll be mindful of not negotiating on AYC then but make sure I can get a review of rust - would you recommend getting underseal once purchased? I'll keep an eye on the dash too.

Thank you!
Same reason I ended up with a X SST, I wanted a 9, but a tidy 9 was out of my price range, 10's looking like a bargain in comparison. In honesty I didnt really even want a 10, but it has grown on me, and now over 4 years later, i'm very happy with mine. Underseal for me is all or nothing. If the car is an import, so very clean underneath, then a strip and underseal maybe pricey but could be money well spent. But that costs.

Stu

·
Premium Member
MLR Regional Organiser South London (ish)
3,531 Posts
Hi Parky

Welcome

Take a look on ebay as there are classified ads of the manual X's which are less that the one you linked ( also on ebay FYI ) and some which are more,

Not myself selling any if them nor do I know any of the sellers in question but more a case to let you know if you had not looked on that as a buying platform - apologies if you have and ruled them out already:smthumbup

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that advice.

What you say resonates with me. Not sure if I am being naive but when I get the car it will be with the intention of keeping it for as long as it lasts so the most important thing is how clean the car is. I won't be modding it (I know everyone says that at first...ha) but certainly an underseal sounds like the most practical way of getting to last longer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi evo/nut,

I've never thought of using ebay but will check it out this afternoon - as well as classifieds. I don't have much car knowledge which makes me anxious about sourcing one from a private seller (unless the ebay ones are also trade?).

I know trade sellers can rip you off too but at least you can check google reviews etc. for some kind of profile.

Defo checking ebay though. My budget when I started looking in Jan was 17k for an SST around 60k/70k miles. Do you think that is doable?

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Hi evo/nut,

I've never thought of using ebay but will check it out this afternoon - as well as classifieds. I don't have much car knowledge which makes me anxious about sourcing one from a private seller (unless the ebay ones are also trade?).

I know trade sellers can rip you off too but at least you can check google reviews etc. for some kind of profile.

Defo checking ebay though. My budget when I started looking in Jan was 17k for an SST around 60k/70k miles. Do you think that is doable?
Unless i'm out of touch with prices, that seems high for an SST, as does your earlier link for a manual, but in fairness I dont follow prices

If you post your location, someone may suggest a trader who you could pay to look over a car for you before you buy

Stu

·
Registered
710 Posts
That is very strong money. There are a couple of X's on ebay, one in blue the other black that look pretty good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The two Blue ones on ebay look pretty nice so I have made some enquiries.

I've heard bad things about J17 cars so I'm gonna stay away from theirs even though they are really well-priced.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts