Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a number plate from either Newreg or Regtransfers. Anyone bought a plate from either of these companies? I've heard of people having problems with some of these non DVLA companies so anything I should look out for?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Penfold said:
I'm looking at buying a number plate from either Newreg or Regtransfers. Anyone bought a plate from either of these companies? I've heard of people having problems with some of these non DVLA companies so anything I should look out for?

Cheers :)
Always check www.dvla-som.co.uk first in case they have the plate you are after otherwise newreg et al will order the plate for you and then add anything from 50% to 1000% (yes 1000%) depending on the plate you are after.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have already checked with the DVLA as would much rather purchase from them, but they don't have the plate listed :(

In these cases would Reg Transfers, etc own these plates or be selling it on behalf of someone else :confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought one from Regtransfers 18 months ago. No problems, just a lot of spam through the door since then.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S4FFF said:
Penfold, what are u getting ?
Haven't decided yet mate. There are a couple of 'Tommi Mak' related plates I am looking at - hopefully will have it on the car in time for the next meet :coolsm:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Penfold said:
Haven't decided yet mate. There are a couple of 'Tommi Mak' related plates I am looking at - hopefully will have it on the car in time for the next meet :coolsm:
If your paying £800 or more Gaz (CPP) has a nice plate for sale E6 TME tell him I sent you so he can give me free biscuits next time im there ;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Penfold said:

In these cases would Reg Transfers, etc own these plates or be selling it on behalf of someone else :confused:
99.9% of the time they are advertising on behalf of the seller.
They take at least 50% mark up for that service!
And they haven't sold my plate in 2 months - but then it took a couple of them 4-6 weeks to send me the contract to sell through!

I've always bought plates from DVLA - so simple and quick.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
evo400 said:
len is the man to find you that plate . he found my wife FAST MUM . payed 699 for it with transfer .
Well I wasnt going to share this one ;) But if you dont fancy Gaz's then BE51 TME is on the DVLA for £499 (bargain) just remember that Bex car is still better than yours though :D ;)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've bought a couple of plates through New Reg. Notwithstanding the price, they were a very good company to deal with.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leonard said:
Well I wasnt going to share this one ;) But if you dont fancy Gaz's then BE51 TME is on the DVLA for £499 (bargain) just remember that Bex car is still better than yours though :D ;)
Great plate but unfortunately my car is too old (Y reg) :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts