Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i somehow thought i was above the law driving about with illegal no plates well i finally got nabbed after 10 months :D
A 30 beer token fine was thrown my way :cry: and i was told to take the plates off :blah:
i remember seeing a post last year on here when julie & andy makin got nabbed for their plates i should have taking notice then!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
It really p*sses me off when the police waste peoples time and money by doing this sort of **** :mad:

These plates are perfectly readable and any numberplate recognition system would have no difficulty in correctly identifying the plate :confused:

I agree any numberplate deliberately changing letter/numbers etc to look like others is illegal, but that's just taking the p*ss.

Power to the People :D

Cheers :)

p.s. I got harassed for my N20 HKS plate (with the 2 as a subscript) and I just told them the numbers and letters were of the correct size and spacing, but just slightly out of alignment and they let me off :crackup: Might not be so lucky with my 4cm high bike plate spaced M3 00H ER :blush:

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
nothing to do with 'not being able to read it' .....

unfortunately, it doesn't :
1. comply with vehicle rules & regs
(see all the threads before re: vinyl plates, spacing, private etc )
2. have the supplying vendor's details anywhere on it

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
xlr8 said:
Hmmm...

That depends upon whether you are:
1. A sensible normal person with an ounce of common sense or
2. A pedantic traffic officer

I bet it passed it's MOT fine, and I bet 95% of good police officers would not see this as a priority needing dealt with?

p.s. I had the same with the Jaguar on the front of my erm.. Jaguar - had the fine, had to take it of and respray the bonnet :mad:

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
The Admiral said:
Hmmm...
That depends upon whether you are:
1. A sensible normal person with an ounce of common sense or
2. A pedantic traffic officer

I bet it passed it's MOT fine, and I bet 95% of good police officers would not see this as a priority needing dealt with?
p.s. I had the same with the Jaguar on the front of my erm.. Jaguar - had the fine, had to take it of and respray the bonnet :mad:
if it doesn't comply with the rules, guess you have to 'expect' to be pulled
see here:
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Actually if you examine the reasoning supplied by the DVLA with regards to the standardisation of the number plates then they clearly state its to improve the readibility of a number plate. To me they have left it ambigous by actually giving a reason to begin with. :confused:

Still, its the law so its being broken. :(

xlr8 said:

unfortunately, it doesn't :
1. comply with vehicle rules & regs
(see all the threads before re: vinyl plates, spacing, private etc )
2. have the supplying vendor's details anywhere on it

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive put back on my old plates but i also had a fine about 2 years ago for them when they were fitted to my VI
I did disagree with a fine and i had to get a ticket stamped at a mot station :mad:
What you think of these?-

Attachments

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
you 'may' get pulled again ...
as the letters are 2d/3d and it doesn't have the originating supplier along the bottom....just your name
+ spacing between the '2' and the 'n' isn't wide enough

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
xlr8 said:
you 'may' get pulled again ...
as the letters are 2d/3d and it doesn't have the originating supplier along the bottom....just your name
+ spacing between the '2' and the 'n' isn't wide enough
but surely all plate's that were made before this supplier/maker thing came into force cant be illegal? as for the spacing i do agree the 2 & n are too close :blush:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it too much, you normally only get pulled about your plates if you are driving like a **** or you are at one of those cruises which the police take a dim view of.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The mot law only states that the gap between the number and the letters should be double the gap of the gap between the letters eg. D*2**N*L*D so i think the space will be ok.

I have always had 3d lettering on all my cars and have never been pulled :D i think you must be being picked on :mad:

jase

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Ive never been pulled for 3D lettering , nor for not having the no. plate suppliers postcode underneath (I thought that was a pretty recent thing and more to do with them getting done rather than you?) I never play about with spacing or plate size tho , coz im a boring ******* ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.