Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,guys!

My Falken's FK452 on the Evo 7 need to be replaced and I am looking for something in the same price range.

Sadly, the FK453 are a little bit more expensive, and I have another options in the same price range as the last set of FK452:

Nexen N Feria SU1 - A frind of mine who is a rally driver give me good feedback on these tyres, so I am tempted
Federal 595 RS - Very good on dry asfalt, but not so good in the rain.
Khumo Ecsta SPT KU31 - Had this on my old Evo VI, and liked them,but to be honest I prefer the Falken's over Khumo

A little bit more expensive:
Falken FK453
Falken ZE914 - On the paper they are better performed than the FK453
Hankook Ventus V12 EvoK110 - I think that theese ones are not asymetric
Vredestein ULTRAC CENTO
Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39

Does any one here have feedback on somes tyres to help me decide?

·
Registered
887 Posts
i run the 452 on my tme and for a budget tyre they are good
i run the 914 on my leon and they are good on that car
i must admit there is not alot of difference in feel when driven hard apart from mechanical grip of the evo
i have heard good reports for the hankook and the kuhmo

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought the hankooks as they have a good wet weather rating and have found they are pretty good in the recent weather we've been having

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
why do you want to fit Budget tyres to a high performance car? seems crazy to me. the tyre is the most important thing, it is the only thing that touches the tarmac, if the tyre is crap it doesnt matter how clever your 4wd system is, how big your brakes are or how much power you have without grip you might as well be in a fista

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why do you want to fit Budget tyres to a high performance car? seems crazy to me. the tyre is the most important thing, it is the only thing that touches the tarmac, if the tyre is crap it doesnt matter how clever your 4wd system is, how big your brakes are or how much power you have without grip you might as well be in a fista
There is a diference between an unknow brand and crap.

Vredstein, for instance, fits tyres for alot of Porsches (They also develop the variable front spoiler for the 911 Turbo and Turbo S) and some Ferraris from factory, so they are hardly what you can say "crap tyres"

Hankook is becoming bigger in the world wide scene. They have an association with Opel for Motorsport, and most of VW cars come fitted with Hankook tyres from new. They had several conversations with FIA to become official supplier for F1 this year, but Pirelli signed again. I used alot of Hankook rally tyres last year and they were very nice. Their wet and dry tarmac tyres are really good, same level as the Pirelli's

Most of the people didn't even ever heard of Bridgestone before they were the official F1 supplier.:)

Falken have alot of Motorsport experience and same goes for Khumo. In my country they are a big motorsport tyre supplier.

The only one I can't find any motorsport experience is with Nexen, altough they are the oldest tyre company in Asia

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
There is a diference between an unknow brand and crap.

Vredstein, for instance, fits tyres for alot of Porsches (They also develop the variable front spoiler for the 911 Turbo and Turbo S) and some Ferraris from factory, so they are hardly what you can say "crap tyres"

Hankook is becoming bigger in the world wide scene. They have an association with Opel for Motorsport, and most of VW cars come fitted with Hankook tyres from new. They had several conversations with FIA to become official supplier for F1 this year, but Pirelli signed again. I used alot of Hankook rally tyres last year and they were very nice. Their wet and dry tarmac tyres are really good, same level as the Pirelli's

Most of the people didn't even ever heard of Bridgestone before they were the official F1 supplier.:)

Falken have alot of Motorsport experience and same goes for Khumo. In my country they are a big motorsport tyre supplier.

The only one I can't find any motorsport experience is with Nexen, altough they are the oldest tyre company in Asia
I mentioned nothing about unknown brands and crap. i was talking about BUDGET tyres from brands previously mentioned

Most of the top manufacturers also make BUDGET tyres as im sure you already know, my point was are BUDGET tyres really suitable for an extremely high performance car? in my mind, they are not. Im not suggesting you have to run on semi slicks or pilot cup sports etc, but there are many decent tyres available for only a little more than the budget ones.

·
Very Senior User
1,113 Posts
I tried Vredestein and hated them - couldnt wait to get shot of them. Stick to Falken or Kumho for value - tried both and liked both, or spend a bit more on Goodyear F1's - excellent:smthumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts