Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELL YES!!!

That's what I have to say, HELL YES!!!

We just put our EVOX on the dyno for the first time with the new engine/head and turbo kit. It's freaking AWESOME.

The build to refresh includes this:

BR Stage 3, 2 liter
BR Stage 3 cylinder head
BR double pumper fuel system
ID 1000 cc injectors
BR 3" cross flow catback
BR 3" offroad pipe
BR 2.5" upper i/c pipe
BR 2.5" lower i/c pipe
BR Race FMIC
BR lightweight battery kit
Cosworth MX1 cams
Stock EVOX BOV
BR T3 turbo kit
-Includes BR 3" MAF inlet pipe, Tial 44 mm wastegate, BR header, BR 3" downpipe and Blouch GT600R turbo
Exedy triple disc HD cerametalic clutch
Stock ECU
93 octane fuel
4.28 final drive in transmission

My one goal was to build a turbo kit that had the best spool up we could get and I think we got there. The car really, truly surprised me. After all these years I don't get excited too often!

I started out with the tune from the old set up, stock engine/stock head/Blouch Dominator 2.0 turbo and the same cams with a single stock pump. I pulled just a bit of timing and figured the car would be close on AFR's based on our double pumper now being in the car.

Well my guess was pretty good. The first pull had a peak boost of 23.8 psi and made 443 whp and 335 ft lbs, this was a 3rd gear pull! Outstanding!

I made another pull in 3rd gear at the same boost level, got the AFR's flattened out and then turned up the boost.

The next pull, which was only the 3rd pull I turned up the boost to what I expected to be about 30 psi and the boost hit 29.6 psi, the power rose to 514 whp and 385 ft lbs of torque!!

The goal of 500 whp on 93 octane was met with just 3 pulls on a brand new engine/head and our turbo kit.

Here is what impresses me even more. This is a single scroll T3 turbo kit with a 62mm billet compressor wheel on a GT35r turbine wheel and it's in a .82 turbine housing and still was able to make 20 psi at 4459 rpm!!! That is freaking fantastic spool up!!

Here are some pictures of our new turbo kit on the car:

Here is the dyno sheet comparing 23.8 psi to 29.6 psi:

VIDEO:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
:smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

:naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSR. The turbo is not as close as it looks in the pics. The turbine housing and downpipe will be wrapped in DEI Titanium wrap, which is very thick, good looking and durable. The kit now has to come off the car so fixtures can be built and tubing can be bent.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Nice work. :smthumbup

Caution: Take off the red engine cover. They catch fire very easily!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
very nice Dave.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I pulled the EVOX in at 12:40 today. I'm no mechanic mind you. I needed to take the complete turbo kit back off the car so we can send the dump tube, MAF pipe and downpipe out to have bent in one piece. Then build the fixtures blah blah blah. Anyway, at 1:18, or 38 minutes later, the kit was complete taken off the car, all the tools, bolts, gasket etc. were put away and the car was being pushed out.

This should give a good idea how easy the kit is to install. It will take you 4 times a long to remove the stock stuff as it will to put this kit on the car.

So the process has begun, all the tubing is already on the big brown truck and on it's way to be bent. If all goes well we'll have 15 kits ready in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks for the continued interest.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The engine won't have a problem with 9,000 rpm. With the new final drive we shouldn't need to go that high though. I always try to keep the RPM as low as I can and still get the job done, the engine last longer like that.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The engine won't have a problem with 9,000 rpm. With the new final drive we shouldn't need to go that high though. I always try to keep the RPM as low as I can and still get the job done, the engine last longer like that.
What have you done to the fianl drive??

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know what the max speed is, I only did it to drop the RPM for the 1/4 mile in 4th gear.

**The header and rest of the kit is now off the car and the parts are being copied to put into production. Header fixture was finished today and we will start building them tomorrow.

Kits should be done in less than 2 weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts