Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am part of the driving display team for a charity fund raising day at Brooklands race track, Weybridge, Surrey, next weekend. I am part of the MG rally rides drivers offering passenger rides up on the banking for only £20, to Bens charity ( Murray Walkers orginised). Lots of other activities, Tyre changing cometition, burger vans etc for all the family, all day long
I have talked the secretary to allow MLR members to run their Evos up and down the Runway, in between the Alfas, and other car club runs. Ill have the MLR stickered up Rally Evo 6 down there too.
The cost of this will be the usual £8 enty fee to look round the car/ bike/ flight Museums, also to Purchase a £20 ride being driven round the banking ( by me?) in one of the brilliant little front wheel drive MG ZRs, then to help marshal for a bit, and when youv'e had enough of all this, then you can bomb your mitsi up and down the runway in front off Stirling,Tiff, Murray, and normally 5 thousand other car enthusiasts. The runway section is only open on Saturday, on sunday its shut off for the Sunday market. Anyone need anymore info then give us a call on 07973 430 950.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just confirmed with organisers, definatly OK for mitsi owners to use ( parade or Blast!) their cars up and down the Long runway section of Brooklands racetrack this Saturday, Cost to get in to racecar and Bikes/ Air museum etc: £8 per person,( bring the whole family), and then, £10 per 5 lap session (about 10 mins every hour), but free if you help marshall, or buy a passenger ride in a rally evo. This offer is to MLR members only and a fun day out for all the family aswell. All profits to Bens Charity.
Lots of other classic cars on parade/ display, WRC rally cars/ formula 1 local teams in static display, brookes car Auction to book a bargain classic, MG 1600 rally pasenger rides up on the banking (£20 ) Also open to public on Sunday, but runway shut then.
Anyone intrested?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good day out, decent sunny weather, Tony Jardine was bombing up and down the Runway offering Rally Rides in my Group N Evo 6, overtook Tony Ponds 6R4.
Unfortunatly no other MLR owners turned up, so a good oportunity to blast your car was missed out methinks. Still there's always next year!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.