Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone give me more info on how to do what's written below plz , pulled it off an earlier thread.

Cheers

Brian.

bridging terminal 4 to terminal 1 on the diagnostic plug,this will output the fault code by flashing the acd light's,iirc the long flash's are ten's and the short one's are single number's.so four long one's=40 and six short would be 6.........code 46!then do a search on the code number,simples!

at least then you'll know why the light's are on and if it's gonna be expensive

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
Could someone give me more info on how to do what's written below plz , pulled it off an earlier thread.

Cheers

Brian.

bridging terminal 4 to terminal 1 on the diagnostic plug,this will output the fault code by flashing the acd light's,iirc the long flash's are ten's and the short one's are single number's.so four long one's=40 and six short would be 6.........code 46!then do a search on the code number,simples!

at least then you'll know why the light's are on and if it's gonna be expensive
i did this with a paper clip, you'll need a small torch too, look under the steering column area, and you will see a balck plug pointing down with nothing connected to it, that s the OBD port, look carefully at it with the torch, you will see the pins are numbered, use the paperclip to join pins 1 and 4, then turn the ignition on

ABS fault codes are a little different, but engine and ayc are done as above as far as i know

Stu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts