Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just aquired a set of bridgies RE711 tyres on the wheels I have bought.
Any one had any experience with these?.Bridgy web site say they are as close to the F1 tyres as you can get.
I have them on the car and giving them a bit of jip around my favourite bits ,seem ok in the dry ,but do slide easier on greasy areas than the SO's that I have on the spare set now.
comments please !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought that the RE711's were the next progression from the RE710 Potenza's? If so, I am then under the impression that these tyres are the next step down from the SO's range......

Currently have the RE710's on mine....:)....have no hassles....but yeah they do like to progressivly let go in the wet....but that is all in the aid of good fun :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly the 711s are about the same as the SO-2s in the dry but not as good in the wet. As far as I know, the SOs are the top of the line road tyres from Bridgestone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E3xtc/jspeed.

The tread pattern is similar to So2s,I have currently been used to so2s rear and so3s front ,the so3s are great in the wet .
Pumped the tyre pressures up to 32psi all round from 29/30 which was pressure in them when tested.
I like a hardish ride ,made a bit of difference in cornering .Reading the info on them they are of a harder compound than the Sos.perhaps takes a little longer to warm up .Any way a forth coming track day with be a tester.Havn't been out in the wet with them ,but car goes sideways anyway:D with them on .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts