Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get some brembo 4 pots for the wifes car , hopefully found them... they do fit done that bit ..
problem is wheels. her current wheels will not accomodate the front calpiers :(
cant find any in BLACK to fit as yet, unless we get them made to order from team dynamics. but they need all the dimensions / offset etc

does anyone know what the offset should be on a V or VI as acording to rimstock they are different.

i belive the calipers are originally from a VI, they fit lovely but the wheels she has at the mo are an offset of 40 , need about 10-15mm extra on the rear face of the wheel to but up to the disc.

tried some team dynamics pro-race 1.2 with an offset of 35 but same problem, the wheel hits the caliper before the disc.

has anyone managed to find the correct offsett for the above wheels to get them fitted safely as she's doing my head in at the mo.
i understand that we may need to use extended bolts for the fitment but need to get the correct offset as we cant put the brakes on until we have wheels to fit.

does an offset of 20 sound ok , going by my quick (usually wrong) calculations they should be ok.... but we only get one go at this , they can make them to order but no guarentee they will fit

thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
standard wheel offset:
e6 is 38mm
e4 is 46mm

+20 will have the wheel sticking outside the arches somewhat !
that's a rwd offset

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
yes e5 & 6 brakes are the same
the e5 also has a wheel offset of +38 so will fit your e4
...make sure that you use 215x40x17 tyres
otherwise they'll foul the arches

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
its not so much the offset thats the problem, its the fact that the e5 onwards oz wheels are designed to be 'dished' around the calipers, although they dont look like it. just a common problem im afraid.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers Rich , decided that was the main problem too, i noticed that the later brembo's are thinner in design, wonder why lol

i think i may have sourced some wheels anyway

Ralliart - EVO R-01 - 17x7.5 and in black :)

look the dogs they do, dealer reckons they will fit around the calipers , only prob is they are in the USA :(, i can see weeks of waiting for the boat to come in now lol

cheers all

·
Registered
137 Posts
*bump*

Just an addition to this thread.....

I have the same problem. E6 brembos on an E4.

The brakes fit great, but my wheels won't clear the calipers - 45 offset, as above.

Now I've tried some E7 alloys, but they were far too wide and fouled on the wheel arches on the rear. Are these E7 wheels 8" wide? They had 235 tyres on.

Will E5 or E6 wheels fare any better? I understand E6 alloys, for example, are 225 width. Will these foul less? I'll get the arches rolled if I have to, as I have Ohlins all round, so don't envisage them fouling too much.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
not sure on the 7 rims, but the 8's are 8" wide so i presume the 7's are too.

5/6 rims are 7.5 wide, which means you can squeeze 215/40/17 tyres on which keeps the rolling radius standard size.

if there is any scrubbage after that it should just be the bumper bracket where it meets the rear quarter panel needing sme trimmage ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts