Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some abuse at knockhill the front brembo's have went from red to burgandy in my evo 8 MR. Was quite surprised just how good the brakes were after getting more and more confident with them and didnt seem to fade too much with the good brake fluid i changed out. Only problem now as i said is the discolouration of the front calipers and i seem to have warped a disc. Firstly if i were to paint the calipers back to the original red is there a correct red coloured paint to buy somewhere? and is it possible to buy a brembo replacement sticker/decal? Secondly can anyone recommend a good set of discs and pads for road and occasional track with not too much dusting? pretty new to evo's sorry if questions are obvious.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Your best bet is a set of performance friction 2 piece discs an some of their .11 pads on the disc an pad side of things . As for the discolouration you go through the hassle of painting or just put up with it as i dont think it would bother me !!!! An last of all there is always the option of upgrading to a 6 pot setup :smthumbup ?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
You can get stickers from SJS Designs.

Its quite normal for Knockhill to warp disks its hard on brakes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Stig, you might have noticed from another thread about squealing brakes that our discs/.11 pads are unrivalled in terms of being fit for road and track. Dusting is actually less than the OE pads and squeal free.

If you're interested in pricing etc drop me a pm.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Stig, you might have noticed from another thread about squealing brakes that our discs/.11 pads are unrivalled in terms of being fit for road and track. Dusting is actually less than the OE pads and squeal free.

If you're interested in pricing etc drop me a pm.
i dont like negative posting but ill disagree with your last comment mate my pf's dusted like a right bitch this part

Dusting is actually less than the OE pads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts