Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had them fitted to the front of the car a few weeks ago, knew the initial bite was`nt there that the Pagids that i had in before had, but what i didnt realise was how crap for enthusiastic driving these pads really are.

Went out on the Dales 4 trip ( see Scoobynet/Northern Meets) today..... talk about brake fade :(:(:( Completely lost the brakes at one point, foot travelling almost to the floor and bugger all happening, very scary! ... more so as it was also raining, had it been dry then i would have had to drop back and drive alot slower.

Very dissappointed, changing to as et of Mintex 1144 that i got cheap (thx Tilly ;)) tomorrow, and if they`re no good then i`ll be back to Pagids (even though the last set cracked right across the surface down to the metal below)

Be warned, standard Brembo pads ar defently not suitable for serious fast road work!

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Admitted the brembos are not as good as the pagids but the symptons you describe lead me to think that the problem is with your brake fluid.
I am on my 3rd set of brembos and only experienced the symptons you describe above on the 3rd set on a recent trackday the other 2 sets had been fine with hardly any brake fade.You would be suprised by how much your brake fluid degrades with enthusiastic driving esp on trackdays.

p.s

Mate of mine fitted pagids on his 7 after 2 sets of brembos said they were better but on his next outing on the track the disks warped neither of us had this problem with the brembos

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
silver 7

my discs on my E7 warped with the standard pads after 4 laps on track!! if you apply enough heat through the standard discs they will warp very quick!

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not only do this disks warp but the pads crumble (well mine did anyway)
this is actually (potentially) unsafe

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
I had brembo pads on my Impreza, it had a brembo brake system.
The brembo pads were made by galfer.
When you search for galfer pads with google, you only find brake pads for motorcycles! uh!
The Galfer pads in my brembo setup had a very poor performance, no bite, much wear and fading. After this I tried Pagid rs4-2, which were Ok. And I also tried the mintex m1166 which were comparable with the pagids.
Regards, Jan-egbert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The brake fluid could have made an inpact admittedly, but when you got out the car you could tell by the smell that the pads where cooked.Possibly gonna change fluid at the weekend once i get the car out for a trial blast.(Running dot 5.1 a.t.m which has been in approx. 6mths)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SAM

My brembos have been given some real stick on the track as i do brake very late and hard infact at a recent service at ralliart they commented how my brakes had been through shear hell judging by the wear on the discs and the colour of the calipers.But no warping,strange that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very interesting

maybe i was not patient enough to wait for them to heat cycle? how many miles on the clock didyou have before you first went on track?

i have noticed them vibrating slightly at thefirst track day at around 3000miles?

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sam

First trackday was on about 1500 miles,4 more since then car now covered 10500 and no probs with warping but had terrible brake fade on the last one but this was due to the brake fluid but that is all sorted now.May try the pagids next to see if they improve the braking and if the disks warp it will be a good excuse to get the AP's that i've been thinking about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
silver 7
i also forgot to mention that i am one of the unluckiest people on the plant so that may have had something to do with it.

sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts