Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone asked me to try and find out if Evo IV calipers could be fitted to a IX with a mere change of rotors and bolts. Would any brackets have to be changed or mounting points modified?

He plans to run 16" rally rims.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as you have the complete caliper with the bracket, bolts and discs etc, they should go straight on.
Ahh, so he'd need the brackets. Where's he gonna find those now :wallbang:

brembos not sit behind 16" like ?
Clarify plz?
If you're asking if Brembos can't fit under a 16". The answer is maybe. If you use smaller rotors and pads they may fit. That's just a guess on my part. However from some reading the Brembo calipers themselves maybe too big for a 16" rim.

I have set of Evo VI RS calipers and discs front and rears if your interested.
Thanx, but he's not :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
calipers of a e4 will bolt straight on i would say as brembos bolt straight on to e4 would need disc/calipers/pads and caliper bolts i would think

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:confused: why downgrade though ?
Can't find a performance brake set that'll allow him to use 16" rims I guess. he came to me with idea this morning. So I haven't even looked into a 16" performance package yet.

Maybe he thinks braided lines, aftermarket rotors & pads and hi-grade fluid are good enuff for rally. Now I know nothing of rally but if I had to say. I'd state that in a rally, brakes while used frequently, aren't under the constant stress a circuit car would produce. Maybe that's his train of thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts