Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to make my EVO 6 breath fire from the exhaust? well, about 2-3 metre would be enough. Is it bad for the car as well?

(someone once told me to run rich, that's all he said)

appreciate all information before I proceed to work on my car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the rally cars, the fire that come out from the exhaust is because of the bang-bang system. This system is here to avoid the turbo wheel to lock itself because of the depression caused in the exhaust when the driver lifts off very quickly (shifting down for example). So what they do is that the system lets the flywheel open a little when there is a sudden lift off the throttle, which allows the fuel and air to keep flowing. But as the ignition doesn't work when decelerating (or it would rather be called accelerating ...), the mix will ignite meeting the very hot exhaust, at such temperatures that it will not be burning, but detonating, creating the bang-bang and the fire in the exhaust.

This system though, is VERY agressive to the exhaust, and it is not discreet at all. Only one non modified car I know throws flames during the up and down shifts, the Bugatti EB110SS, with a quad-turbo V12...

Cheers

Tarik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fitting a vent to atmosphere BOV will probably cause the car to spit flames when you up-shift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All you need is a de-cat pipe and straight through exhaust. Under heavy braking and down shifting you'll then get the flames!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts