Lancer Register Forum banner

Brandshatch 2016 TA

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  bobgenie 
#1 · (Edited)
I went down to spectate and offer support to a few of the mlr guys who are competing in the TA series.

Congratulations to Alex (F1-RS) on his win in Clubman Plus and also on holding a new lap record.
It's a shame there's not more entries in this class as it would give a better indication of what a great lap time he set- as it is, there was only stage 1 gtr35 and a brand new focus rs to give him any competition- that being said you'd expect his car to be the slowest of the three so it kinda says something of what a great time he set.
Well done mate.:smthumbup
In the next class up was Richard Lowe and Leigh Jordan in club 4wd who were up against alot stronger competition and who managed 4th and 5th respectively.

The amount of work that goes into maintaining these cars is incredible- even the day of TA, Chris at C1R turned up early and swapped Alex's evo 5 rs transferbox in the pits, the guys in the next garage (i think it was Matt Newing) had to buy and collect a evo 9rs rear diff and fit it in the morning.

Andrew Barbours car looked ready for a show and shine event but was also clearly up to the job in hand as he proved by a class win.:smthumbup

Bob Dixon- I didnt get a chance to say hi and noticed you had problems on the Saturday, I only just worked out where i recognised your car from- one of my favs from the for sale section last year..

Well done to everyone involved in the series- it was good to see alot of old faces either spectating, competing or helping with the running of the event,

In short a great days motorsport and congratulations to all involved - looking forward to seeing peoples pics especially from mr monkeynuts when you get home and have time etc..

Cheers Jamie:smthumbup

See less See more
#2 ·
I was ment to pop down today as i live 2 mins away to look round alexs car as want to enter class a next year! Just didnt get the time shame really! The times hes setting in that car are unreal! Ex f1 driver haha

Matt had a nightmare car run perfect friday then bang had phone call off one of the guys this morning blown the diff!

Kriss put his little na clio 172 in and done a 58second great drive gutted i missed it!!!

Ta has got me thinking about entering next year!

#3 ·
I was ment to pop down today as i live 2 mins away to look round alexs car as want to enter class a next year! Just didnt get the time shame really! The times hes setting in that car are unreal! Ex f1 driver haha

Matt had a nightmare car run perfect friday then bang had phone call off one of the guys this morning blown the diff!

Kriss put his little na clio 172 in and done a 58second great drive gutted i missed it!!!

Ta has got me thinking about entering next year!
All I will say is that Alex's car is awesome- not taking anything away from his driving as he is doing remarkably well.- I know class A mlrss rules inside out and his car is Not in breach of any them despite what the timing board would suggest. He could do more to make his car more competent for TA within his class which must be a worry for the gtr35 owner he's currently showing up lol.

If anybody is thinking of competing in TA or the mlrss then it's well worth spectating at an event first as it will defo give you the urge to enter- I'm really missing competing right now.
Well done to Kriss in the 172 - the car looked very well turned out and was well driven- more importantly, he had a huge grin on his face all day which says a lot for the pocket rocket class.

Cheers Jamie

#7 ·
Either the pics on his thread of your broken transfer box cursed it or me and my mechanical failure curse where to blame. Lol
Either way, when Alex pulled the car off the trailer for Saturday practice it was already shaking the car and too Donald ducked to complete a lap. I'm sure Alex will update on his thread in time.. -seems you weren't the only one being held back with diff issues at Coombe lol...

#8 ·
What diff was it , I have only ever had the inner front diff drive fail on a standard 6 helical diff and that makes the car un drivable and the out put shaft try's to spin inside the diff drive , my failure was from a plated diff which destroyed the drive to the plates making the car under steer city .

#9 ·
Only messing with you Steven..

Alex car runs 5rs oem diffs.
I sat in with him adjusting the harness's whilst he drove for noise check on the saturday, it felt awful (knocking/clonking and shuddering the whole car).
We went out for a sighting lap followed by one more lap at which point i insisted he take me in as i've experienced enough mechanical failures to know when a problem is terminal.
After a quick call by Alex- Chris said he would bring a transferbox down and swap them over Sunday morning-amazing commitment from the C-1R :smthumbup

I offered Alex my road car and we went out for some sighting laps as he had never been to Brandshatch before.

I'm sure Alex will be along to update tomorrow once he's had time to get the car and family home safe etc.

If i was Alex i'd be fitting a cusco front diff and jumping into class B for the next round- seems he has the pace as it is..

cheers Jamie

#12 ·
Ethan's Photos from Time Attack Brands

15 year old chip off the old block...

Attachments

#14 ·
Bob Dixon- I didnt get a chance to say hi and noticed you had problems on the Saturday, I only just worked out where i recognised your car from- one of my favs from the for sale section last year..
No worries we were busy all weekend with problems throughout. It was my favourite from the for sale section too but have had to change, repair, or modify almost everything since I bought it. Over the weekend I had full ECU cut because of low oil pressure, went into limp mode virtually every session ( heat and fuel issues ), starter motor failed, and finally water pump pulley broke and took the belt with it. Having said all that I enjoyed it and as a test it went OK and good practice for the boys who somehow managed to keep it running. Hopefully get it back again later this week and will most likely go to TOTB with it.

I must say Alex was quick particularly considering it was his first at Brands. I reckon he could get a handling top spot at TOTB with that car :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.