Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A fun day at Brands Hatch on Friday! Spent a lot of time nattering with people and didn't really get around to taking half as many photos as I might have... it was sunny pretty much all day which makes for lots of glare and shadows - tricky for getting good shots. I had a couple of sessions, both from the pit wall (last year I was elsewhere) and decided to go for some different angles and so on. It was also my first outing with the Canon 5D Mark II so there were a few things to get familiar with that were different from my old 5D. Also the camera shoots hi-def video as well but it was difficult to get a good pass without a tripod. Did catch some cars tearing past though - great sounds! The 5DII makes Tiff files of some 120mb each once processed - you better have plenty of storage for those beasts :eek:

So, the first few of these are from the late morning, and then in the afternoon I was mostly mucking about with video. However, always looking to find something different I spotted the sun getting low along the pit straight so scooted back there and tried for some cool looking shots as the cars came toward me with the sun flare in the background. Unfortunately just as I was getting my settings right, poor Raj had his 'excursion' and that bought the day to a close.

Thanks to Raj and Bazzer for the passenger laps and of course to the everyone involved in the organisation of another successful trackday :)

2. Spool on this one sounded cool :smthumbup

6. Yellow VII looked nice, think it was their first trackday :smthumbup

I think these nxt two are my favourites of the day :coolsm: Would have been well pleased to have another half hour or so to get a few more cars in that light. The X's looked good on track and I caught the white one just right here. The silver Evo (R16LAX) makes a wicked noise - all induction and very little exhaust note - sounds mad heading away down the straight through the gears :naughty:

Lastly, Bazzer/Raj - these three are totally out of focus but I thought I'd put them up for you anyway.... these were before I got the shutter/aperture combination just right for the late afternoon sun....

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Dan, you can take a picture mate they look pro. I'll take you out next time if you are at a trackday that I'm at. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan, you can take a picture mate they look pro. I'll take you out next time if you are at a trackday that I'm at. Thanks for the pic.
No probs Nathan! I'll see you at one of the next ones I'm sure. A couple of laps would be great :smthumbup

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
awesome pics mate. Nice dry day too :)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Great pics, thanks for mine!:smthumbup

It was my first, seems I picked a good one to start on.:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great pics dan...glad you had a top day...and perfect weather:smthumbup
Quality pics Danny. :coolsm:
Very nice pics, well done and thanks for sharing.

Jon.
awesome pics mate. Nice dry day too :)
Great pics, thanks for mine!:smthumbup

It was my first, seems I picked a good one to start on.:)
Thanks all. That weather really was just perfect :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
cars look good mike;)
Good to see you again,you still look so excited to be driving on track.:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
cars look good mike;)
Good to see you again,you still look so excited to be driving on track.:smthumbup
Great to see you and Cath too mate. Tim really enjoyed being out of an unreliable rally car, put in a shed load of laps, killed a set of used slicks and then driving home to Somerset in the evening.:D T'was a nice shakedown for the upcoming MLRSS.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Evenly matched cars mate. We'll both be out on MLRSS so we'll see who's fastest then ;-)
Sounds good... I will have to join you guys at an event will be good fun. My driving aint anywhere near as good as yours... i remember a few years ago when you came to a haynes sprint in a bog standard 9 still running it in. If i remember correctly you turned up half way through the event and took the fastest lap staraight away:eek: excellent driving. I will try my best though:mhihi:

Kind regards,
GUM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts