Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
fq400duran said:
are the Brakes on the 400 as good as the a.p ones :confused: :confused:
Don't think you could tell the difference on road, would be an interesting comparison on track. Actual stopping power is gonna be fairly similar, question would be how many hot laps before fading.. but as Dave said, pads would play a big part in this.!

I would have thought the Alcons are as good as APs, and should be cheaper to buy for anyone else doing a brake conversion.. Owen dev said they would be selling the front brake kit and price would be a lot less than APs.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Re: Re: Brakes

mrfq340 said:
Owen dev said they would be selling the front brake kit and price would be a lot less than APs.
Thats cool I thought they would be the same or more as the ones put on the EVO test car a few years back cost if i remember rightly around £2500 for the fronts only :eek:

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
well if they were sold @ full retail then they would still be around the same money . i tryed @ the autosport show to get ALCON on board but they are tyed up with rampage who ever they are . both 332mm kits come in @ around 1800+vat and they only supply the silver caliper not the red mitsi one as on the fq400 . but you guys need to recognize that for pounds spent the STOP-TECH kits offer better performance . coming in @ around £1350 for a 4 pot kit but boy do they work well .

dave

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
sam was mapping a car with the kit on over the weekend. also my customer rally team owner in belgium has used both ap's and stop-tech and found the stop-tech kit to work very very well . it is important to get the correct kit tho . both the front kit and the 4 wheel kit contains differant pistons sizes to allow for better balance . so if you are just getting the 2 wheel kit then make sure you order the ncorrect part numbers .i can supply both ap and stop-tech's to you @ mad mat dicounts !!
;)

dave

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.