Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade the brakes on my Evo IV, mainly for road use. They are completely standard at the moment and thought I'd start by changing the pads. I've heard good things about the EBC Green Stuff pads, but not sure how suitable they will be with the standard discs.

Has anyone had any experience of these or any others? Or any other comment about improving an Evo IV's braking performance.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd strongly recommend Mintex pads as opposed to EBC.

Try 1144's for fast road or 1155's if you're really going for it. But make absolutely sure you bed them in as per the instructions.

Check out Mintex's motorsport distributor at www.questmead.co.uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the Green Stuff pads fitted to the front and EBC Kevlar Street pads to the rear. They are quite an improvement over the standard Evo IV pads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AFAIK the EVO 6 is not yet supported by EBC.. Will be soon and approx 80 notes for a front set... The Mintex ones are available but are very expensive...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EBC are planning to stock EVO-6 pads as a standard item.

If they are not already stocking them then they will re-make your existing pads to whatever specification you want (green, red or yellow) They were charging me 50gbp per pair.

I have tried out some prototye yellow pads at Cadwell park (the yellow is susposed to as good as the red, but with a longer life) and thery were very good. NO fade whatsoever, life was not too bad (everything is relative) with the set lasting the whole day (better than the red). The only down side was that they are VERY aggressive on the disk, and with the problems of the standard Mitsubishi fit disks on the EVO-6 (ie. warping) I have gone back to the standard Misubishi pad which are just as good and will last for at least three or four trackdays.

I have also tried Ferodo DS-2000 and the only comment is that I regretted putting then on. The life was very poor, I had brake fade and the performace was patchy (they would be good, bad and then good, ALL at the same bend). They were also extremely aggressive on the disks (I had to replace them after using the DS-2000)

Regards
Markja

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M.A.Developments are now stocking AP pads for the Evo 6 and they are much better than the standard items.

Regards Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts