Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know the brakes still judder like mad on a hot lap in the 7. So no change there. I've come to EVOs from Scoobies, can I go back now please?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congrates

you're the first EVO VII with warped disc as far as I know. So it seems that the better cooling ducts and change of the wheel bearing design isn't just enough.

There are some interesting threads about the EVO brake problems, check them out.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read a few of the threads on juddery brakes. I don't think it's warped disks as the problem goes away when the brakes cool. I think it must be a friction ie pad / disk problem. Bloody disapointing though.

Also I may be the first to discover that the AYC goes into 'safe mode' under extreme conditions ie what I bought the car for. (Safe mode in this case means going 45degs sideways over a 100mph crest (Flugplatz)).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

the brake judder is mostly not noticable when the brakes are cold. But as soon as they reach temperature you can feel it again. If you use standard pads it surely won't be a pad issue as they're not aggressive at all. Try to check the run-out of the disc. If they got too hot check the hub and consequently the play of the wheel bearing with a micrometre. So you'll soon find out what the reason for it.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the correct data but maybe Colin (HH6) knows it. Or try to call Ralliart.
On my new movit disc it was only 0.01mm. As I've already said if they've already became too hot check the run-out of the hubs and bearings! The OEM bearings are quite shitty, my new ones already had 0.05mm play when we fitted the new brake kit. If the bearing has too much play it will destroy every new disc in 1-2000km regardless of the quality of the disc.

As your car is certainly still under warranty try to replace all the bits on their cost. That's what I did before I fitted a real brake kit, not the standard ****.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What can I get done under warranty when I've imported the car myself? Are Colt cars still responsible?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so those japs have not gone out the winter sleep when they made the 7

so much problems in 5 and 6 en they just do it again on the 7
i can not believe it

the same kind of brembo system is used on the subaru sti too do they have the same problems?

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nvcars

I'm suprised to hear about your brake problems,having attended a few track days in my 7 i have had absolutely no problems bar a spongy brake pedal when the brakes got realy hot but no decrease in stopping power.Other 7 owners that i spoke to said pretty much the same thing,i agree with scoobymike in saying that something else must be wrong that is causing the problem.At a recent service i asked one of the chaps at ralliart if the 7 suffered with the same warping disk problem as the 6 and he said as far as he was aware it had been sorted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although it does seem that the 7s have less problems with disk warp, it is probably timely that today I found out that Ralliart are getting in carbon ducts for 7s which I am sure I will be fitting at the next service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nvcars

If you imported the car yourself (like me in a way), I dont think you will get any warranty. But you paid a lot less for the car. Scoobymike is in Switzerland and the Evos there cost something crazy like 70,000 SFR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts