Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just bought an evo 4, and I have just notices the disc was a bit warn out and as I am very new to the evo that I wanted to know which type of breakdisc and pads is good for the evo 4 and it doest cost the sky for them. thanks leon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would suggest picking up E6 brakes from an owner who has upgraded. Try scoobymike, he has just upgraded his fronts :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blade ,

Aparently they won't fit as I have gone this route .Shame as could of changed my E4 brakes 10 times now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudius,

would certainly have to change the wheels,but basically all i got when inquiring was NO they won't fit ,I forget the reasons why but left it for dead.
If any one know that the Brembo will fit then I will buy a set of fronts myself and buy a new set of wheels .
It pees me of when parts arn't interchangable such as wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After fitting AP's to my new Tommi Mak, i sold my Brembo set-up (f and amp; r) to a local E4 owner. As far as i know, he fiited the whole lot to his car in one afternoon with a couple of his mates helping. I do know that he had a larger set of wheels to go on in order to clear the front calipers. If you want, i'll try to get an answer out of him but it may take a few days (he's a friend of a friend and also in the Navy!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'M going to change wheels in a month or so, so if anybody needs a set of TME wheels, let me know...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Learner .

Just spoken to Steve Hill motor sport and said that the Brembos will fit with a change of wheels .
This makes me very happy ,so when I can afford it that will, deffo be the next upgrade.
Shouldn't have problems with warpage as the E4 has good air intake around the brakes .
Now for a set of 17 5/6 spoke in silver.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Claudius,

what wheels are you going for, how much, weight etc? presumably something lighter, or is it that you are fed up having to clean them every day :) white wheels a truly cunning plan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oli

Thanks for helping me hijack threads! ;)

If my car were red or black or maybe even blue, I would keep the white wheels for a longer period, but I just dont like it with the grey car. I am currently looking at two options:
Volk Rays 18 inch, available in any colour I want from Japan weight is 7,8 kg (OEM is around 13 kg)
Team Dynamics 18 inch (the ones on the Evo 7 Extreme) weight is 7,9 kg

The Volks will be GBP 1900, the TDs I dont know yet.

Does anybody know if Yokohama A032 are also available in 225/40X18 or only in 235/40x18?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Claudius

according to the Motorsport website of Yokohama Germany the A032 isn't available at all in the size you requested. Never heard of the 235/40 18 size before. Only the A038 will be available in 225/40 18 but only R rated.

You can check it here:http://www.yokohama-motorsport.de/

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts